Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I just got home from my running around after this afternoons wonderful shoot.

It was great to meet everyone there and I learned a bit just talking.

That is a very nice free range and while it is too far for me to drive on a regular basis I will be more than happy to get together there for another meetup. Next time I'll bring my own DEET and folding chair!:D (Oh yeah, and targets too...)

I also hope that the next time I won't have anything else scheduled for the rest of the day and I will stay much longer. Everyone on INGO is very cool.

Regards,

Doug

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Auntie-

Great picture of me with the cannon! You got the recoil right at the apex--my wife told me it was a really good shot, but man! Not to say I'm the best, or even a good subject, but you did a really good job catching the action. Thanks for the picture. There were lots of really good shots. I look forward to the next meet.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Thank you to everyone that showed up for the meet & shoot.
    It was good to see both old and new faces at the event.

First for some offical biz on the next meet & shoot.
    See here for the new info and a poll to vote on the next day either SAT or SUN
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ingo_events/99638-aug_nwi_meet_and_shoot.html

The NWI INGO OC/CC Eat Out will be posted later this week. Clif45 is going to do some checking with some of the area restuarants to see if they can accomidate about 20 people and if OC if "ok" with them (the resturant). See the
    INGunOwners - Northwest Indiana
    for more info to come on that event.

---
    Now for some thank yous before I forget & in no order (just as I can think of them).
    melensdad thank you for the hot dog and allowing me to shoot your small 45. Many more thanks for allowing my friend's daughter (ie who you thought was my daughter, my little one is only 5) to use your pink AR (What caliber was it BTW) and the 9mm. As you saw first hand she was trilled to shoot and tried just about everything she could. Heck she shot my 1911 several times (1 round per magazine each time) and had this look of "WOW, COOL!" every time even as she barely managed to control the recoil of it. She almost went thru 300 rounds of .22 yesterday I think between my AR-7, Ghost's Walter, and AuntieBellum's 10/22. Looks like I need to buy a few more boxes of .22 for when she comes next time.

AuntieBellum thank you for setting up the INGO table, the name tags, the hot chips and espeically for letting my friend's daughter use the 10/22. She had a blast with it and the look on her face as she was shooting was priceless. Looks like we might have another "shooter" from the younger generation on the 2A side! So it does look like my small mission to bring new shooters is paying off.

GhostofWinter thank you for letting my friend use the .22 Walter and the birdshot ammo. Out of all the guns she shoot she really liked the shotgun. Go figure? :dunno:

Clif45 once again your little .25 was the talk on the way back home. They said it was so "cute" (yuk! what a girly thing to say) but that you were right. It jams way to ease.

Trooper Lefty thank you for letting us shoot your .45 long revolver. Never had shoot one of those before and it felt like I was not shooting since I could not feel the recoil at all. Suprised it was a .45!

Not sure if it was 2cool or someone elses but I was able to shoot a Mossium (??sp??) that had a scope of it. WOW! Nice but way too loud!

---
    I had a great time. Got to put about 60 rounds thru the 1911. Was happy that the carry ammo I had in it finaly went bye-bye. Some of those rounds I had chambered, re-chambered and re-re-chambered in the 1911 since the last time we met & I was a bit concerned that the casing were getting crimped and that it would jam the 1911. That was not the case. But at least now I know all those re-re-chambered rounds are down range now. :D I did have 1 shell casing get stuck in the 1911 near the port eject with the junk ammo I had. It was the last round I fired out of the 1911 and when I looked at the gun (it now had the slide all the way back you know when the gun is empty not sure what the real term is) well the shell casing was still on the port eject part 1/2 in and 1/2 out. Hum... should I be concerned? :dunno:

Love the time I got to spend with my WASR-10. I was able to go thru 60 rounds and did most of them sitting down and was able to keep my groups tight when I concentrated. Sadly I did not get the pruple/swollen shoulder like in prior shoots since I did most of the shooting sitting down. I've noticed in prior shoots when I do it (shooting) standing the WASR-10 leaves me sore and purple. Ouch!

I did have 1 failure to eject however. The round shot out of the WASR-10 but the casing (I was using some communist steel green casing ammo [non-corrosive]) did not eject. When I pulled back on the WASR-10 to eject the round I could not. Took out the magazine and still nothing. This got me worries but I was able to pull forward and "chamber" the casing again before I was able to pull back and cause the casing to finally come out. The casing did not look damaged so not sure what the heck that was all about. :dunno: At the last shoot I had one misfeed but in that case the casing got "bent" so that explains that one. That was not the case this time. Bad ammo rounds perhaps? Not idea? The WASR-10 was more "dry" this time then last time. Did some online reading where it was suggested to run the WASR-10 more dry than wet (ie less oil or lubes) cause that is the way the WASR-10 likes to operate. Guess I'll have to try and put more rounds thru it next time and see if I get the same issue or not.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @melensdad thanks for the reply

gggrrr
    I forgot to ask about the "incidents" on the line that some of you are referring to?

I saw one by my friend's daughter with auntiebellum's 10/22. She had finished firing it and it was empty when she pointed the muzzle to ground and moved off the line (her back to the range) and begun to walk towards the back of the bench. GhostofWinter said something about keeping the muzzles pointed toward the range and she stopped and that is when her mom told her to point the muzzle the other way (from ground back to range).

This incident got me thinking wow did/do we have other ones here at the 25 yard doing this? I've never felt my safety at issue any other time I've done these and even in the incident above I have not felt un-safe.

However as this event gets a little bit bigger & more organized (ie food, INGO table, etc..) perhaps we should think of having a INGO range officer who just walks the line and makes sure we are all ok? Between me showing the new people I bring and shooting myself I don't have time to look at everyone else. I think that perhaps if we do have more new shooters come we put them on the far right like my friend's daughter was at so they can't sweep us all. Actually I liked when we had my friend's daughter on the mat to the right of the last bench. Cause even if she sweeped to her right it was nothing there and with her back towards us she could not sweep up that way either. With the box of ammo at her side and she sittng indian style it was the ideal location of keeping her in one place safe for her and us without having to be on top of her like a hawk.

Just some things to consider espeically if we bring more kids to the line.

We did good this time with the HOT and COLD on the range as people took their targets downrange (at least until I left around 1PM not sure after that based on what I'm reading above). Was it my friend with the revolver or someone else? :dunno: I was not able to pay much attention to what my friend was doing becuase the majority of my time was on keeping an eye on her daughter. I think she fired a few other guns away from the bench I was at with the help of a few others but don't think she just picked up anything by herself.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I had a fun time as always. There were a few incidents of folks handling guns behind the firing line with actions closed...a major safety infraction but none minded being reminded to keep actions open.

The food and cigars were great, the weather was hot, but fun was had by all I think.

johncarbaugh

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Logansport
    I know one of the safety issues was not INGO members. When the last of us were cleaning up we went cold to collect targets down range. When we got back to the line with no eyes or ears BOOM. Are we hot!:xmad: Small group that showed up as we were finishing. I think one other member in his group said something to him.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    AuntieBellum thank you for setting up the INGO table, the name tags, the hot chips and espeically for letting my friend's daughter use the 10/22. She had a blast with it and the look on her face as she was shooting was priceless. Looks like we might have another "shooter" from the younger generation on the 2A side! So it does look like my small mission to bring new shooters is paying off.

No problem at all. I didn't bring the chips, though...I'd have to search through the posts to see who it was who did. Thanks for the chips!
    And I really enjoyed seeing her smile as she shot, too! I absolutely love taking people shooting and seeing the excitement on their faces! :D

@melensdad thanks for the reply

gggrrr
    I forgot to ask about the "incidents" on the line that some of you are referring to?

This incident got me thinking wow did/do we have other ones here at the 25 yard doing this? I've never felt my safety at issue any other time I've done these and even in the incident above I have not felt un-safe.

However as this event gets a little bit bigger & more organized (ie food, INGO table, etc..) perhaps we should think of having a INGO range officer who just walks the line and makes sure we are all ok?

Just some things to consider espeically if we bring more kids to the line.

All good, jediagh. All the things I mentioned happened after you left. In the time I was with her, your friend's daughter (I thought you introduced her as your girlfriend??!!!! ;)) was super vigilant in putting that safety on as soon as she finished shooting. Obviously there's more to it than that, but she's working on it and seems to understand the importance of safety.

The guys who showed at the very end, as john mentioned, just weren't comfortable with other people on the line, I think. After we got eyes and ears on and Bubba said we were all clear, they all stood around for awhile and then asked awhile later if they could start shooting.

As for safety, maybe we just all take turns volunteering to watch the line from the back? :dunno: If we know who there is from INGO and everyone knows up front that someone will be watching, maybe everyone would be cool with that? :ingo:

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Well it looks like I will NOT be able to do any shooting at the next shoot. I have been informed that I am going to be having surgery the end of this month or the first of august on my left wrist so I will not be doing much shooting. :( So I guess I could volunteer to mentor or do the safety officer portion.

Greg

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Well it looks like I will NOT be able to do any shooting at the next shoot. I have been informed that I am going to be having surgery the end of this month or the first of august on my left wrist so I will not be doing much shooting. :( So I guess I could volunteer to mentor or do the safety officer portion.

Greg

You still have a right wrist - call it an exercise in practicing your draw and shooting with a disabled arm! (Okay, but probably some things you'll have to pass on, though.)

I don't mind taking my turn watching the line, either. We'll just all take turns, and everyone wins! :rockwoot:

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Auntie-

Great picture of me with the cannon! You got the recoil right at the apex--my wife told me it was a really good shot, but man! Not to say I'm the best, or even a good subject, but you did a really good job catching the action. Thanks for the picture. There were lots of really good shots. I look forward to the next meet.

Glad you enjoyed the pics! I thought you'd enjoy the action shot!

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    :wallbash:Oh I screwed up! I forgot to check who had .22 pistols that I could try out while I was there. It's not like I had any shortage of .22 ammo:wallbash:

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Next shoot I'll bring a couple of mine 22's that is... Charger, MKII's of different lengths, Single six, etc... your welcome to try any of them out...

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station

Greg

tis only a flesh wound...

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    :wallbash:Oh I screwed up! I forgot to check who had .22 pistols that I could try out while I was there. It's not like I had any shortage of .22 ammo:wallbash:

I have a Browning Challenger, a Bearcat, and a Single Six--I had a PPK/S .22 and a P-38 .22, but I traded them both away...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom