• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Next time I need an oddball replacement part I'm going to see if this guy is ready for his next project.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    While the actual project is REALLY cool and this guy is REALLY good at what he does... I can't help but think he has WAY too much time on his hands.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Interested in hearing what the ATF responds to his pistol clarification. [STRIKE]Did I miss where he said what rounds it would use?[/STRIKE]

Never mind, he said it will be chambered in .17 HM2. Can't wait to see a finished product.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    While the actual project is REALLY cool and this guy is REALLY good at what he does... I can't help but think he has WAY too much time on his hands.

I think that of a few folks here :-)

If I had those types of skills (and the machine tools to do it) I'd love to do something like that. Closest I have been contemplating as a woodworker is doing a wood-laminate lower.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I think that of a few folks here :-)

If I had those types of skills (and the machine tools to do it) I'd love to do something like that. Closest I have been contemplating as a woodworker is doing a wood-laminate lower.

A laminated wood lower would be wonderfully unique.

As for me, once I saw the Turnbull TAR-15, I decided I needed to make my own custom wood AR furniture....but it hasn't happened yet. Something like this, only I will probably do it with an A1 configuration:

standard-TAR15-RS.jpg

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN

I thought the same thing... I have the tools... and if I really wanted to put in the time I could do that too... but seriously... that guys has to be a retired guy with NOTHING to do for him to be doing that...

I'm young, full-time job, homeowner with lots of projects to accomplish... it would take me well over a year to do that and that's if I prioritized it at the top of my "would like to do" list...

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    This is amazing. No CNC machine either. Wow.

CNC machines really wouldn't help him unless he had a pre-written program! It would take much longer to write a program than to machine one part. CNC's shine when there are multiple (same) parts to be made.

Neat project and nice writeup. Seems like he is really a pretty skilled toolmaker!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    While he is busy being amazing and making an epic contribution to gun culture, lets all re-hash the 9mm Vs. 45 debate. :):

Don't forget the Glock's suck and 1911's rule debate! :faint:

I am working on my machining skills but I doubt I will get ever get to his level. He is just flat out impressive!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Don't forget the Glock's suck and 1911's rule debate! :faint:

I am working on my machining skills but I doubt I will get ever get to his level. He is just flat out impressive!

I was blessed today as I got to hold a Glock 18.
    You all know I am no Glock Fanboy but an 18..........:faint:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    You did wash your hands afterword right?? I have a Glock 30 I keep around just to remind me how cool my 1911 really is. :cool:

Khill

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    United States
    really cool project. Thanks for sharing the link. It seems like he should have just made it a pistol and used a buffer tube with no stock. Then the barrel would be 1/2 scale. Really cool regardless.

Top Bottom