• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    This is why you should still either submit orders either via a faxed order, mailed order, or emailed order.

Then there is no doubt.

There is no reason to keep speaking badly of a typically reputable company. I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong, but it seems they are trying to meet you halfway.

Give them another call, and see how they can make you happy. Misstakes happen, and it seems they are trying to fix it.

How so?
    They've done nothing to fix this or make it right. If they have, they sure haven't told me.

I've tried emailing and calling on multiple occasions as detailed above, being blown off or given the run-around. Ignored email, no call back when promised, etc. No attempt to meet me halfway was made at any time. Why should I expect another call to make any difference?

Last edited:

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Because it sounds to me that this was a verbal misunderstanding followed by a human mistake.

Did they confirm an all internals coating before you paid?

I'm just asking because nothing is being accomplished talking to us. You need to either call them or file a non-provider of service with cc company.

I've been burned (by non-firearms companies). That I will not take any order/make an order...without seeing confirming the complete order. Again, you've got to CYOA in life.

ccr refinishing

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    Please keep in mind that I have no email from him addressing any of these concerns and I can only recall speaking with him when he called with credit card information back in Nov and I remember speaking with him about one week before he received his gun . This is the conversation that I had explained to him that I had forgotten to mark his work order form as a reservation and I spoke with him to let him know we had to redo one part and the gun would be on its way home. I then emailed him the tracking info

I speak with many people through out the day and yes I do not remember every conversation but I never blew this guy off like he claims or lied to him either.

All I asked was if he had an issue with our work that he would have contacted us before he went out of his way to try to ruin our business .

This is the reason I now will be requesting all communication be followed up with a email so I will have a record of what is really said

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Please keep in mind that I have no email from him addressing any of these concerns and I can only recall speaking with him when he called with credit card information back in Nov and I remember speaking with him about one week before he received his gun . This is the conversation that I had explained to him that I had forgotten to mark his work order form as a reservation and I spoke with him to let him know we had to redo one part and the gun would be on its way home. I then emailed him the tracking info

I speak with many people through out the day and yes I do not remember every conversation but I never blew this guy off like he claims or lied to him either.

All I asked was if he had an issue with our work that he would have contacted us before he went out of his way to try to ruin our business .

This is the reason I now will be requesting all communication be followed up with a email so I will have a record of what is really said

I'm not taking sides , just giving my opinion!
    Doesn't really seem to me that he's trying to "ruin" your company, and really, one customer doesn't have that capability.
    You admitted to your mistake, did you offer a discount t all? An apology and a discount can go a long way to help keep a ( happy) customer!

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT

That's probably a good idea for all parties.

I've got the phone records showing my calls to you on Dec 21, at 3:14 PM EST, and again on Dec 27 at 3:56PM and again on Jan 9th. Check your call logs if you think I'm making it up.

I get that mistakes happen and don't expect perfection from anyone. Like I said, a simple phone call when you discovered the mistake and/or that you couldn't plate the sear/ejector and token offer to make things right would have gone a long way.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    As a consumer all I can think is "WOW"... the fact that a business is even on here openly trying to justify the events that have taken place and offering NO SOLUTION is just poor.

It's 100% the fault of CCR that these events took place and instead of apologizing OPENLY, then contacting the consumer PRIVATELY and making the situation right.

Would it be too much to give the man back his money? This shouldn't even have to go to the credit card company :dunno:

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Just Google CCR to find many similar stories!!! Actually, some worse! I was in the market for some hydro coating, and CCR will not be considered.

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    Customer satisfaction is paramount. Resolving the issue should be number one. Admitting that you made a mistake is fine, but not doing anything to fix it or make it right is unacceptable.

People make mistakes and that's completely understandable, but not doing anything to make it right makes it that much worse....

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Just Google CCR to find many similar stories!!! Actually, some worse! I was in the market for some hydro coating, and CCR will not be considered.

OK Im prejudice as previously stated I'm a long time satisfied customer of CCR. Yes Rob377 had a problem with them, hate to say it I thought CCR would have handled this differently. And I hate to hear that someone is not happy with them. I am hoping that CCR is not finished with this yet.

CCR has a very good reputation. As suggested look up CCR refinishing reviews on Google and you will see tons of good reviews. Try going to the Sig Forum and you can read many pages of love for CCR. Brad & Mary are highly regarded on that forum in particular. All I'm saying is CCR is not fully represented by this incident.

rockhopper46038 did you ever send your P228 in? If so got any feedback on it?

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    rockhopper46038 did you ever send your P228 in? If so got any feedback on it?

I did; I got it back this week and I'm putting together my post on my experience. In short it was extremely positive, but I promised a thorough review and I haven't gotten the pictures taken yet.

Oldbird13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    Hamilton County,IN
    I would ask for relief before I went to dispute with credit card company. That would give the provider of service? One last time to make it right. You'll find out if you are just a number or not.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    You should have told him you dont plate the sears and cages when he ordered to have it done and you sure dont ingnore the guy 5 diffrent times. if you cant remember to call him back in 30min how do you expect some to belive you can remember how to coat a gun. 7- 10 days turning into to months. I think he needs to be credited for this.

I know i wont do bussines with you inless you make this right with him
    EXACTLY, how I feel, I work in Customer Service, 40 + years... If YOU don't give ME what is promised, I will take MY MONEY, and BUSINESS somewhere ELSE ..... I am THE CUSTOMER, I CHOOSE WHERE to SPEND MY MONEY .....

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Still nothing, Rob?

Nope.

I've posted my experience with them here and elsewhere, and with that I wash my hands of the whole mess.

Since I've posted this, I've gotten a few emails from other folks who've had similar problems with CCR, so maybe I was wrong in assuming this sort of stuff isn't the norm.

In any case, -1 CCR.

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Nope.

I've posted my experience with them here and elsewhere, and with that I wash my hands of the whole mess.

Since I've posted this, I've gotten a few emails from other folks who've had similar problems with CCR, so maybe I was wrong in assuming this sort of stuff isn't the norm.

In any case, -1 CCR.

That's a shame man, it really is. I wanted to send in a few things to get made over, but no thanks, I'm fine.

Top Bottom