• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    My opinion is worth what you're paying for it and I don't have a dog in this hunt, but I was really neutral about this until I read CCR's posts in the thread. You speak to many people during the day, but remember the specifics of this conversation? Upset that he didn't talk to you about the quality or completeness, but he couldn't even get you to talk about the status of the work. You know internals was on the work order but you didn't call to verify that your understanding was different? As a consumer who is being ignored when you're waiting on work that's supposed to be done, how do you expect to be taken when you want to express dissatisfaction with that same work?

I don't blame him for being cheesed and letting others know about his experience.

Obiward

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Fortville
    This from another INGO post, but I thought I'd bring this thread back to life as well...

Not to bring a dead thread back to life, but I'm dealing with the exact same situation with CCR. I sent my 10" Ruger Mark II in the first week of June to be CPII plated and I'm still without my pistol. About every third email I send actually gets a response. I called them toward the end of July and they stated 10 days until completion. I emailed them on 06 Aug and they said it would be ready to go by the end of the following week. I emailed them today and got the same message; ready by the end of the following week.

I don't mind that the process takes a while and understand they are a small business, but don't give your customers a date and not stick with it. If it's going to be 3-4 months, say so up front. I have been going off of their 10-12 weeks timeline that is stated on their website. They also state that confirmed reservation can decrease the time. I called ahead and it's actually taking longer. I have to say, I'm pretty frustrated at this point.

Obiward

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Fortville
    I sent my M&P slide to Failzero and got it back in nine calendar days. 10-12 weeks is ridiculous.

The length of time is a bit ridiculous, but the blatant misdirection on turnaround time is baffling. Like I said, if it's going to take X weeks, then say so up front and I will decide if that's reasonable before I send it in (and pay for it; my card was charged in June). It seems that they like to give a time and not stick to it, which either points to deception or lack of scheduling management.

Obiward

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Fortville
    So I finally got my Ruger back from CCR. Their work is top notch. It really bothers me that it took so long, but now that I have it back in my hands, I'm impressed with the transformation of my pistol.

Before:
    IMG_4943.jpg

After:
    IMG_4970.jpg

Top Bottom