• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    This morning I was supremely happy I installed a new battery in our little diesel two weeks ago. My twins who were due in February decided that was too long to wait so we've been hanging out at the hospital since the 25th. While it wasn't as strong as usual it still only ran the glow heater for a few seconds and fired right up.

As for the kids, they made it until the 30th before forcing the issue. They are still early at only 32 weeks and a day but have been taken off all supporting equipment and are doing great. Mom is arguing with some swelling and mild blood pressure issues but otherwise is also doing well.

Congrats! I've got twin girls that'll be a year old in February. Time flies so enjoy it and good luck. Do everything you can to get them on the same schedule; if one wakes up, wake the other one. When you change one, change the other. Etc....

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Mom is arguing with some swelling and mild blood pressure issues but otherwise is also doing well.
    As far as the swelling and blood pressure issues... read up on PPCM (post partum cardiomyopathy). Not to scare you but I almost lost my wife due to it going un-diagnosed.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Congrats! I've got twin girls that'll be a year old in February. Time flies so enjoy it and good luck. Do everything you can to get them on the same schedule; if one wakes up, wake the other one. When you change one, change the other. Etc....
    Thanks! We do plan to get them on a schedule as soon as we can and are soaking up everything we can. They're going to be in the NICU for a while so they'll be on that schedule already.

As far as the swelling and blood pressure issues... read up on PPCM (post partum cardiomyopathy). Not to scare you but I almost lost my wife due to it going un-diagnosed.
    that sounds like it would cause low BP, her's is slightly higher than the doctors like. They started her on the lowest dose possible to bring it down.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Well the two new batteries in the f250 made a world of difference in starting. No one had a battery for the wife’s truck Ended up putting in a AGM battery from Autozone and it cost more than two 1000 cold cranking amp batteries for the diesel truck.. but it started right up. What stinks is we bought the truck a year ago and the battery was supposed to be new in it. Butler Toyota

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Well, I hadn't driven my truck in about a week. I went out in the -14F cold this morning and it fired right up. In my experience, you could freeze a Chevy in a block of ice and it'll still go.

After being out of town for a week, I finally got home last night and decided I had better start my Colorado to make sure I could get to work this morning. I had a little bit of trepidation due to my battery being fairly old but it cranked up with only the briefest hesitation. It didn't even hesitate this morning.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    [RANT] The left lane is still the fast lane, even if its snowing. [/RANT]

LOL! Hubby was just giving me a hard time for cruising in the passing lane. There was nobody behind me and I didn't want to get in front of the semi before we got through the traffic light in case we had to stop fast so I told him I was passing all of the utility poles and to just let me drive.

Top Bottom