• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Only -8 here in the 'burbs. Maybe this city's good for a few degrees heat if nothing else.

Feels like -21 and headed for -15 though.

FYI: North Pole, Alaska is a balmy -6 right now. :dunno:

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Is it possible that I am Finn?

Could be, or it may be scars provide excellent insulation?:):

No coyote hunting for me tonight. Went and laid down for a bit this morning, left the water trickling. Sometime today Mrs. Plinker shut off the faucet :ugh: then laid back down. Got up this afternoon and had no water :xmad: so I'm trying to get that thawed back out. So I've spent most of the afternoon and evening in the crawlspace and got a fire built near the well where the line is closest to the surface. Poked my head out right after sunset and could hear a bunch of yotes hollering and some where close. At least I don't have to worry about getting up for work (anymore) so if it takes all night, so be it.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Could be, or it may be scars provide excellent insulation?:):

No coyote hunting for me tonight. Went and laid down for a bit this morning, left the water trickling. Sometime today Mrs. Plinker shut off the faucet :ugh: then laid back down. Got up this afternoon and had no water :xmad: so I'm trying to get that thawed back out. So I've spent most of the afternoon and evening in the crawlspace and got a fire built near the well where the line is closest to the surface. Poked my head out right after sunset and could hear a bunch of yotes hollering and some where close. At least I don't have to worry about getting up for work (anymore) so if it takes all night, so be it.

Hubby is going nuts cause he can't go out tonight. The moon is so bright that it looks like daytime out there with all of the snow. It is just too cold!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    At 04:51, we're at a pleasant -17 F in the majestic metropolis of Crawfordsville and holding steady for the last few hours. Not much wind.

UPDATES:

06:55 - temp soared up to a comfy -15 F, but the wind has returned for a -25 F windchill.

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Mooresville -12 currently. Stopped yesterday afternoon to top off the tank in the truck, diesel. Made it about a mile before it gelled. Only thing I can figure is that the cold fuel in the tank caused the fresh fuel to gel at the pickup. After 30.minutes of cussing and limping from driveway to driveway it all finally mixed well enough that it thinned out and started running correctly. Just another reason to get a new (er) truck in a year or two.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    New record low for Lafayette.
    We're at a brisk -18 actual temperature this morning.
    Don't know what the wind chill is, and I don't think I want to know...

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Last night, I decided I should probably start my suburban since it hasn't run since before Christmas. Too late. Put it on a charger all night. Nothing. Time for a new battery.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Well apparently Casey's General Store doesn't treat their diesel. I had a half tank of fuel that has bee treated and decided to top off the tank so added treatment and topped off the tank.

Currently waiting on the flatbed to drag it 3/4 mile back home because fuel has gelled again. I sure would like to find a place that sells treated fuel so I wouldn't have to park this thing everytime the temp dropped below 20.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Last night, I decided I should probably start my suburban since it hasn't run since before Christmas. Too late. Put it on a charger all night. Nothing. Time for a new battery.

New vehicles never sleep. The computer draws current constantly. Never let them just set. I learned this the hard way.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I don't know what the temperature is in Brazil today, but I just had to use ether to start my gasoline-powered pickup truck for the second day now. I am thankful I have diesel tractors otherwise I would not have had ether on hand.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    -16* at the ElDirector homestead this morning.

As for diesel - I treat EVERY tank with the "Power Service" stuff once the temps are below freezing. I also carry their 911 treatment with me, just in case. I've had the fuel gel on me twice, and it is a PAIN to deal with in this truck. Usually need to change the fuel filter, at the least.

I also keep the tank full, so there is less condensation to get into the fuel. Helps that the truck is garaged, too.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Well apparently Casey's General Store doesn't treat their diesel. I had a half tank of fuel that has bee treated and decided to top off the tank so added treatment and topped off the tank.

Currently waiting on the flatbed to drag it 3/4 mile back home because fuel has gelled again. I sure would like to find a place that sells treated fuel so I wouldn't have to park this thing everytime the temp dropped below 20.

Speedway treats their diesel. You can also treat it yourself.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    -16* at the ElDirector homestead this morning.

As for diesel - I treat EVERY tank with the "Power Service" stuff once the temps are below freezing. I also carry their 911 treatment with me, just in case. I've had the fuel gel on me twice, and it is a PAIN to deal with in this truck. Usually need to change the fuel filter, at the least.

I also keep the tank full, so there is less condensation to get into the fuel. Helps that the truck is garaged, too.

Good idea to keep it full. Accident on the highway, and people run out of gas staying warm in vehicles stopped on the highway.

Top Bottom