• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    ever read the commerce clause in the constitution...i am done with you cause you are wrong and admitted it when you said you were leaving because you did not want someone to take your guns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    I am not trying to lecture you but I dont think you had the right to carry a rifle on their property while wearing a mask ...this is not reasonable

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I am a real estate professional /appraiser with ten years of mortgage lending and real estate experience...I have taken many courses in law (both civil and criminal) I understand contract law and rights of realty better than you ever will ...your buddies that think like you may agree but you are way off base if you think you have the right to carry a rifle at a mall...Do it...

Somebody did do it and besides being asked to leave they suffered no consequences, perfectly within my rights to carry a rifle to the mall, just as it the malls right to ask anyone to leave for any reason under current law.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    So basically, some of you are Pro 2A only if people carry the way YOU agree with??
    You are willing to throw other gun owners under the bus if you disagree with the way THEY carry?
    Really??
    I don't think I have ever been more disgusted by something I have read on this site than I am right now.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I am a real estate professional /appraiser with ten years of mortgage lending and real estate experience...I have taken many courses in law (both civil and criminal) I understand contract law and rights of realty better than you ever will ...your buddies that think like you may agree but you are way off base if you think you have the right to carry a rifle at a mall...Do it...

So you are a RE appraiser... and that makes you a legal expert? Thanks, next time I need to hire an attorney I will look you up.

I would recommend to become familiar with the whole constitution not just the ammendment that you want to read

I think we all would agree that reading the entire Constitution periodically is a good thing.

ever read the commerce clause in the constitution...i am done with you cause you are wrong and admitted it when you said you were leaving because you did not want someone to take your guns

I have read the Interstate Commerce Clause. Have you? What possible way would that be related to the incident we are discussing? Hey just for a good time, I recommend you read Madison's analysis of the Commerce Clause it what it actually means.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    that right to carry a gun can be removed by congress if they choose...am i gonna turn in my gun...definitely not...
    Also I am for the 2nd ammendment...I am also for freedom of speech, press and religion....all of these rights need to be used wisely with discretion...that is my whole point. We can say those rights erode away if we make bad decisions....The second ammendment was an addition to the constitution and it could be altered by enought congressmen/senators meeting and removing it ....Do you think that they would vote for or against you having a long gun walking through the mall property with a mask on...your choice to leave the property makes my point

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    I do not steal peoples weapons....what do you mean by this....I am done with this whole conversation....Moderation and discretion is suggested in the future....
    If a government agent took my legally owned weapon it would be a violation of my rights, if you take it its theft.

BTW, where am I going?

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I do not steal peoples weapons....what do you mean by this....I am done with this whole conversation....Moderation and discretion is suggested in the future....

Im trying to tell you the difference between your rights being violated and someone breaking the law. Which you can not seem to grasp.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    that right to carry a gun can be removed by congress if they choose...am i gonna turn in my gun...definitely not...
    Also I am for the 2nd ammendment...I am also for freedom of speech, press and religion....all of these rights need to be used wisely with discretion...that is my whole point. We can say those rights erode away if we make bad decisions....The second ammendment was an addition to the constitution and it could be altered by enought congressmen/senators meeting and removing it ....Do you think that they would vote for or against you having a long gun walking through the mall property with a mask on...your choice to leave the property makes my point

This post is full of fail, congress CANNOT just vote a amendment away, to overturn an amendment you need the consent of the States, I'm pretty sure that's in the Condtitution somewhere.

Ok so I got it wrong it's the States not the people, but still it takes more than just a simple congress vote to amend the Constitution

Here's a link to the process

Constitutional Amendment Process

Last edited:

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    So basically, some of you are Pro 2A only if people carry the way YOU agree with??
    You are willing to throw other gun owners under the bus if you disagree with the way THEY carry?
    Really??
    I don't think I have ever been more disgusted by something I have read on this site than I am right now.

Some people say it is not reasonable that we carry a gun at all. So are you willing to stop carrying because SOME think you shouldn't? :dunno:

You have made some excellent points here between these two posts and I agree with you 100%. Some choose to CC, some chose to OC, but we're all protected by the same amendment.

I think Benjamin Franklin said it best:

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Business/property owners are allowed to make their properties/businesses gun free if they wish, but that decision can hurt their business in more ways than one. Personally, I've always felt that a carrying "good guy" is better than an unannounced "bad guy" who doesn't care the slightest bit about your policies. That "good guy" might just stop a criminal or save the lives of your customers and staff in the process. :twocents:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom