• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Article V spells out the processes by which amendments can be proposed and ratified.
    To Propose Amendments

• Two-thirds of both houses of Congress vote to propose an amendment, or

• Two-thirds of the state legislatures ask Congress to call a national convention to propose amendments. (This method has never been used.)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    You are correct about business property owners...They have the right to make their property gun free. You and I can choose not to shop there or be asked to leave or be arrested if we do not comply...The law is what gives us rights...rights are not limited to what rights are comprised in the constitution/bill of rights...we have rights in contracts, rights in real property, etc...

You have made some excellent points here between these two posts and I agree with you 100%. Some choose to CC, some chose to OC, but we're all protected by the same amendment.

I think Benjamin Franklin said it best:

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Business/property owners are allowed to make their properties/businesses gun free if they wish, but that decision can hurt their business in more ways than one. Personally, I've always felt that a carrying "good guy" is better than an unannounced "bad guy" who doesn't care the slightest bit about your policies. That "good guy" might just stop a criminal or save the lives of your customers and staff in the process. :twocents:

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Article V spells out the processes by which amendments can be proposed and ratified.
    To Propose Amendments

• Two-thirds of both houses of Congress vote to propose an amendment, or

• Two-thirds of the state legislatures ask Congress to call a national convention to propose amendments. (This method has never been used.)

You left out the second part, 38 out of 50 states have to ratify the amendment, my point was that congress just can't overturn an amendment with a simple vote.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    It amazes me how many people can't read the part where I explained how the MGR of the store (the only store open at the time) KNEW WHAT WAS GOING ON!

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    it is bad form to look like a bad guy with a mask when you are a good guy like monkey....that is my point

If you want to discuss bad form, I'll go back and quote all your posts and try to make them in to coherent sentences... otherwise, I'd avoid using the term "bad form" when talking about someone else there guy. ;)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    sorry did not realize this was english class
    If you want to discuss bad form, I'll go back and quote all your posts and try to make them in to coherent sentences... otherwise, I'd avoid using the term "bad form" when talking about someone else there guy. ;)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    The manager of the story is not the owner of the property. The manager works for a tenant of Simon. Simon owns and manages the property. The security guards makes sure their rules are enforced not the manager of game stop. That is why you took your mask and long gun and left.

I made that coherent enough for even a caveman to understand.

It amazes me how many people can't read the part where I explained how the MGR of the store (the only store open at the time) KNEW WHAT WAS GOING ON!

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    sorry did not realize this was english class

Sure, it's not an English class. But it's my RIGHT to believe that anyone who can't type in halfway coherent sentences is not educated enough to have an intelligent discussion.

Can we just lock this thread? This guy is obviously just posting drivel to get his post count up.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    The manager of the story is not the owner of the property. The manager works for a tenant of Simon. Simon owns and manages the property. The security guards makes sure their rules are enforced not the manager of game stop. That is why you took your mask and long gun and left.

Yes, which is why I volunteered to leave when I was asked to remove my firearms from the property. Because this is the rule of the property, I still believe -1 to the property owner. I still maintain my +1 to Gamestop for their positive interaction.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    You are correct about business property owners...They have the right to make their property gun free. You and I can choose not to shop there or be asked to leave or be arrested if we do not comply...

You are essentially correct, however, you can NOT be arrested for ANYTHING gun related, period. You could be arrested for trespass though...

The law is what gives us rights...rights are not limited to what rights are comprised in the constitution/bill of rights...we have rights in contracts, rights in real property, etc...

Here, you could not be MORE wrong.
    Rights are inherent, as believed by the Founding Fathers. Those Rights were enumerated by the BoR, not GIVEN by the BoR or the law.

By your definition, humans in other countries that violate basic civil rights by their laws, have less rights than we do.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    i would not have been threatened by you...but I know many people who would have been. you did the right thing. whatever...this is crazy...you guys are missing my whole point....

Yes, which is why I volunteered to leave when I was asked to remove my firearms from the property. Because this is the rule of the property, I still believe -1 to the property owner. I still maintain my +1 to Gamestop for their positive interaction.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009

He left because an agent of the property asked him to leave, could have been because he had a hat on, him leaving was to avoid a trespass charge not a firearm related charge.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom