• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I'm ready to do what now? I offer comments and suddenly INGO projects their fears on me again?

O'Really ?

He is certainly entitled to his opinion and may be correct in certain contexts. However, he is wilfully interfering with your civil rights and is doing so as a government employee. That must be objected to.

Ok, let's review: Yes , let's

2. What was shown was a governmental employee interfering with the civil rights of a citizen. It should be objected to.

3. Whether the OP should take any legal action is up to him and it is within his best interest to speak with an attorney.

Just a farmer planting seeds huh ?

Go get that ambulance boy , sick'em !

I suppose if the OP just happens to contact you about this you won't take this case huh ?

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Offering an opinion is one thing. Imposing it on someone is something else entirely..

How exactly did the officer " impose " his opinion on the OP ? He offered sound advice that may very well save the OP's life one day .

No babies or cats were flash banged , no dogs were shot , no doors were chainsawed through or kicked in , nobody's house or cars were gone through because they left the doors unlocked , where's the ****in problem ?

The only problem I see is the OP was wearing panties instead of boxers .

Now a guy , who might otherwise be a good officer , may get into trouble for going about it the wrong way while trying to do something good .

No good deed goes unpunished huh ?

JMoses

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    Even though that was a consenual encounter, that is a Heckler's Veto. I don't like it therefore I will harass you for exercising your rights.

Next time "Am I free to go?"

What did your grandpa tell you? Don't wrestle with the hog, you both get dirty and the hog likes it.

He is certainly entitled to his opinion and may be correct in certain contexts. However, he is wilfully interfering with your civil rights and is doing so as a government employee. That must be objected to.

Who is telling you this? What authority are you citing for this statement?

I'm sure he heard it here, so it MUST be true.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    How exactly did the officer " impose " his opinion on the OP ? He offered sound advice that may very well save the OP's life one day .

No babies or cats were flash banged , no dogs were shot , no doors were chainsawed through or kicked in , nobody's house or cars were gone through because they left the doors unlocked , where's the ****in problem ?

Now a guy , who might otherwise be a good officer , may get into trouble for going about it the wrong way while trying to do something good .

Then I'm sure you'll be okay with officers pulling motorcyclists over and advising them to get a safer mode of transport.
    Or sports cars
    Or advice on the breed of dog while walking yours.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport

Which advice is that? That open carry is bad and will get you killed? Is that the advice you are talking about?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

When a person uses a position of authority to demand that another person listen to his unwanted advice, I fail to see how any sane argument can be made that it does not constitute imposing that opinion, especially when it is presented as fact and not opinion. Further, on INGO the OC/CC argument has been beaten to death, resurrected, beaten to death, wash, rinse, repeat so many times it is unbelievable without the issue being definitively resolved because, as a matter of opinion, it cannot by its nature be definitively resolved. As a matter of opinion, I prefer the element of surprise afforded by CC, but it is also possible that one engaging in CC may have to draw down on a potential threat who may have simply walked away from an openly armed potential target. I don't have a definitive answer and most certainly will not accept anyone else's opinion presented as fact, even if his wardrobe is really heavy on blue.

Just because no egregious physical harm is done, that does not make the issue insignificant. In fact, I would argue that this element of respect for the people such an individual is ostensibly serving (or rather the lack thereof) is the fundamental base upon which such behavior as flashbanging holes into babies rests. The 'broken windows' theory is flawed in my opinion as a tool of public safety, but there is an element of truth in the underlying thinking, specifically that a person who feels compelled to refrain from small violations can generally be counted upon to refrain from larger ones. When you show me a dickhead throwing his 'authority' around in a situation like this, I will show you someone who would engage in any of your examples given the opportunity. The water just hasn't been added yet.

I fail to see the problem with the OP's objection. If he isn't doing anything illegal, leave him the f**k alone. Don't even start about carrying defaulting to illegal with the license granting an exception. If that were the point at issue, Officer Wiseguy would have asked for the pink card rather than regaling the OP with unsolicited 'advice' presented as a directive.

A good officer would either politely present advice as addressed in previous posts or would leave the man alone. Getting into trouble for throwing his weight around inappropriately is not the behavior of a good officer. You may also want to review Frank's posts on the matter.

No good deed goes unpunished? Where is the good deed? Demanding that a citizen lawfully conducting his business stop and listen to unwanted advice of questionable merit which is being presented as fact and a demand for compliance?

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    View attachment 29854 LEO haters are going to whine, **** and moan when they have PERCIEVED violations but if thse same LEO's aren't Johnny on the spot when the haters then they ***** about that too. All these self rightous whiners that get butthurt when normal language is used are also the ones that scream about the freedom of speech. People want it both ways and that's not going to happen.
    BTW, I heard NO demanding of anything on the video.

Bob

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    I'm ready to do what now? I offer comments and suddenly INGO projects their fears on me again?

O'Really ?

Ok, let's review: Yes , let's

2. What was shown was a governmental employee interfering with the civil rights of a citizen. It should be objected to.

3. Whether the OP should take any legal action is up to him and it is within his best interest to speak with an attorney.

Just a farmer planting seeds huh ?

Go get that ambulance boy , sick'em !

I suppose if the OP just happens to contact you about this you won't take this case huh ?

Cool, we have moved from LEO bashing to lawyer bashing.

What do you call 1000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?
    A good start!

Like LEO bashing, lawyer bashing is good fun until you need one.

Shwaisey

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    I called both of the numbers that Frank suggested, the voice mails I got said the office isn't open on the weekends.
    I will be calling as soon as possible on Monday when they are open.

For those guys who are advising that I should have educated him on carry laws, that is a recipe for stupid. There are better resolutions that don't involve him escalating a simple stop late on a Friday night to handcuffs or a couple hours arguing with a guy who thinks he is the law.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    I called both of the numbers that Frank suggested, the voice mails I got said the office isn't open on the weekends.

For those guys who are advising that I should have educated him on carry laws, that is a recipe for stupid. There are better resolutions that don't involve him escalating a simple stop late on a Friday night to handcuffs or a couple hours arguing with a guy who thinks he is the law.

Better that YOU escalate a simple conversation.waaa

Bob

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    When a person uses a position of authority to demand that another person listen to his unwanted advice, I fail to see how any sane argument can be made that it does not constitute imposing that opinion, especially when it is presented as fact and not opinion...

Initially, this is the position I was leaning towards. I read all the posts and do agree that one should not be "commanded" to listen to a lecture delivered with much attitude (Reminds me of the time I had one half my age bark "don't you think it is a little late to be out?" Oh, and my rebuke started with "Look here Jr..." ). Before posting, I then listened to the recording. It struck me that this PO actually believed that he was passing on a pearl of wisdom as a grand father might to a child. I would have engaged him in a debate which at some point would have ended in agreeing to respectfully disagree.

LEO ... All these self rightous whiners that get butthurt when normal language is used are also the ones that scream about the freedom of speech...

When did this become normal language? Evidently my parents did not get the memo because I believe I would still get backhanded or fed a bar of soap for using such words. Is being decent the same as being self righteousness? It is always useful to know your audience and speak to them in diction that they use, not tolerate.

I do not consider myself a prude, but if I walked into a conversation that included vulgar language in every phrase or sentence, I would choose to bow out of that conversation. Af the start of the consenual conversation above, after the f-bomb pattern was apparent, I would respectfully ask if we could dispense with its use.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Apparently, trimming hedges and having floodlights deters thieves. I learned this when an officer rolled his eyes after I explained the solar switch on my floodlight crapped out a month earlier. I was too lazy to climb 20' to change it.

I had no idea that lights were so powerful a deterent, and yet a sidearm apparently, is not.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    View attachment 29854 LEO haters are going to whine, **** and moan when they have PERCIEVED violations but if thse same LEO's aren't Johnny on the spot when the haters then they ***** about that too. All these self rightous whiners that get butthurt when normal language is used are also the ones that scream about the freedom of speech. People want it both ways and that's not going to happen.
    BTW, I heard NO demanding of anything on the video.

Bob

That is not normal language in a professional context. I would fully expect to lose business if I talked to my customers that way when visiting their plants for work purposes.

At a bar and drinking beer with your friends is one thing. On the clock is another.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Apparently, trimming hedges and having floodlights deters thieves. I learned this when an officer rolled his eyes after I explained the solar switch on my floodlight crapped out a month earlier. I was too lazy to climb 20' to change it.

I had no idea that lights were so powerful a deterent, and yet a sidearm apparently, is not.

Clearly you should know better!

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

You could also call 327-3811 during the same hours as your encounter and ask to speak to an on-duty supervisor for that district. Dispatch will contact one for you.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    We'll never know if it really was consensual. If it truly was, the OP could have ignored the officer's command to approach him and gone about his business. Somehow I doubt the officer would have just kicked rocks and gone back to his donuts and coffee.
    Yeah, can you imagine the fall-out when someone decides he just doesn't want to be bothered to stop for the LEO pulling him over? :):

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yeah, can you imagine the fall-out when someone decides he just doesn't want to be bothered to stop for the LEO pulling him over? :):

I don't know....

I think we've seen some of those videos on the news before. They usually involve helicopters, stop sticks, pit maneuvers, etc.:laugh:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    noah.richey
    Top Bottom