• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    My Kahr pistol is rusting and Kahr does not stand behind their finish, I can have it refinished for $200, thanks a lot Kahr:xmad:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Yep...interested in knowing which model and what kind of finish is on it presently.

Also how it's stored and/or holstered...

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Yep...interested in knowing which model and what kind of finish is on it presently.

Also how it's stored and/or holstered...

K4044 stainless blackened, stored in a gun vault and carried in a Supertuck or a leather holster, I cleaned it with Gun Scrubber and used Remoil on it just like I have done a dozen times before:dunno:

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    I know it's no remedy to Kahr, but have you tried oil and fine steel wool? It should take off light rust without killing the finish. I have done this with many guns of mine, and it helps quite a bit, seems to help keep any new rust away too.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Stainless rusting? What part of the pistol is actually rusting. Want to know because I carry a PM9 with me virtually everywhere.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Stainless rusting? What part of the pistol is actually rusting. Want to know because I carry a PM9 with me virtually everywhere.

Stainless steel isn't "rust proof"... It just "stains less". Given right conditions, stainless steel will rust.

Also, not all stainless steels are equal. :n00b:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Didn't there used to be a guy around here that did coating? I thought he got married and I've not hear his name mentioned after that. Anyway, you can get it refinished and still have a great gun.

Although I'm sure you have taken care of yours, it's hard for a company to know who has or hasn't properly stored or carried their guns. How long have you had it and does any company stand behind the finish for the lifetime of the gun?

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009

The whole thing has rusted, frame, slide, barrel, and even the mag that was inside it is rusty, not a problem now, I broke the back plate trying to get the slide off, might be fixable, I'm to pissed right now to think about it.

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    Thats very weird....my pm9 gets carried almost every day as a backup, in the rain, snow, whatever with no problems......

How old is the gun, I know for awhile Kahr was using black t for a finish, Ive seen a couple of them slightly rusted....but the finish was really worn. They could have been using a different steel back then also. Kahr is a good gun man I wouldnt give up on it yet...

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Thanks js kahr k40 for the response. It is hard to imagine that in this day and age a company can't control some of their processes any you wind up with a pile of rust instead of a fine firearm.

I also can't believe they don't stand behind it because it seems like they didn't finish it correctly.

As stated by others above, check around this site because there are members who would probably do a nice job refinishing it for you. Then sent the bill to Kahr. Even if they throw it out, at least you will have gotten your point across.

Good luck!

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Thats very weird....my pm9 gets carried almost every day as a backup, in the rain, snow, whatever with no problems......

How old is the gun, I know for awhile Kahr was using black t for a finish, Ive seen a couple of them slightly rusted....but the finish was really worn. They could have been using a different steel back then also. Kahr is a good gun man I wouldnt give up on it yet...

I don't want to spend another dime on this one, if only I didn't clean it it would be gone:(

Top Bottom