• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Purdue1991

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 19, 2022
    It's bad enough that Midway charges about $9 to $10 shipping on items that I could ship at my post office for $3 to $4. But then their only economy shipping option is UPS Innovations. It took nearly 2 weeks for my items to arrive and tracking was pathetic. Apparently, UPS Innovations waits for enough items to fill a truck before it gets handed off to USPS for the final leg. It sat at UPS in limbo for 4 or 5 days while showing that the item had been handed off to USPS, which it hadn't. Then when you look on USPS tracking it shows they haven't received the item yet. So you think your order is lost. Midway needs to do something different...

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    Midway lost me some years ago when they accepted a backorder for some .22lr.

Backorder was active for several months, I passed up other opportunities to buy because it was on backorder.

They received new inventory, cancelled the backorder & put them on their site for sale.

Not saying that I won't ever buy from Midway again but they have dropped to the bottom of my list not far above cheaper than dirt.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Ups and usps both in on the shipment?

I assume both get paid and explains why the envelope at the post office is 3 or 4 bucks. Ups isnt touching it.

Reactions: Leo

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    If you ship something small in a priority mail envelope, it's like $3 or $4. Midway charges $9 or $10 for the same thing...
    I haven't been able to ship anything Priority Mail for $3 or $4 in years.... it's been $7 or $8 at minimum, the past few years.

Hell, the only items you can ship for $3 or $4 is first class mail or package service (less than 13oz)...

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Just remember, your tax dollars (and mine) are subsidizing that inexpensive USPS shipment

Postage is going to jump again soon, FYI.

Starting Jan. 21, 2024, the price for a First-Class Forever U.S. Postage Stamp will increase from 66 cents to 68 cents, according to the U.S. Postal Service. The prices for domestic postcard stamps will also increase by two cents from 51 cents to 53 cents and international postcards will increase from $1.50 to $1.55.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    It's bad enough that Midway charges about $9 to $10 shipping on items that I could ship at my post office for $3 to $4. But then their only economy shipping option is UPS Innovations. It took nearly 2 weeks for my items to arrive and tracking was pathetic. Apparently, UPS Innovations waits for enough items to fill a truck before it gets handed off to USPS for the final leg. It sat at UPS in limbo for 4 or 5 days while showing that the item had been handed off to USPS, which it hadn't. Then when you look on USPS tracking it shows they haven't received the item yet. So you think your order is lost. Midway needs to do something different...
    USPS did not showing for several days could be on them. I work when the PO is open so the only time I can get there is the 2 hour window they are open on Saturdays. On 12-16 I sent out 3 packages priority so they would arrive by Christmas.
    2 of the packages had arrived by Wednesday so I checked tracking on the third, label created but not checked in. I tried the USPS website for help but just got the runaround. Tried calling the PO but gave up after 5 minutes of directions on how to get another free civic test.
    Saturday the 23rd I went in and they remembered me sending 3 packages. Checked and label created but not checked in. Tried to show me how to use the website but also just got the runaround. Ended up giving me the Postmaster's number to call on Tuesday.
    Tuesday I call and get told that I have to wait 30 days from the dated receipt before they will do anything.
    Dec 30th package logged into the system as it was being delivered.

So my vote is USPS screwed up.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    All of my Midway orders come freaky fast. Usually 2 days.

Trick I use for shipping is to put stuff in the cart and let it sit. Won’t be long and you get a free shipping code. Usually it is on a $49.99 or more order. Then I order several items at once.

Never order something small. The shipping will eat you alive.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom