GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It’s kind of sad. In the old days Midway was scary good. Stuff would show up the next day. It felt like they knew what I was going to order before I did.
    This is true. But fortunately for us consumers there’s lots of other options out there and I hardly buy anything from them anymore because total-cost-wise I can usually beat them.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    All of my Midway orders come freaky fast. Usually 2 days.

Trick I use for shipping is to put stuff in the cart and let it sit. Won’t be long and you get a free shipping code. Usually it is on a $49.99 or more order. Then I order several items at once.

Never order something small. The shipping will eat you alive.
    Seemed like before Christmas every other week I was getting an email saying “free shipping is back”.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    USPS did not showing for several days could be on them. I work when the PO is open so the only time I can get there is the 2 hour window they are open on Saturdays. On 12-16 I sent out 3 packages priority so they would arrive by Christmas.
    2 of the packages had arrived by Wednesday so I checked tracking on the third, label created but not checked in. I tried the USPS website for help but just got the runaround. Tried calling the PO but gave up after 5 minutes of directions on how to get another free civic test.
    Saturday the 23rd I went in and they remembered me sending 3 packages. Checked and label created but not checked in. Tried to show me how to use the website but also just got the runaround. Ended up giving me the Postmaster's number to call on Tuesday.
    Tuesday I call and get told that I have to wait 30 days from the dated receipt before they will do anything.
    Dec 30th package logged into the system as it was being delivered.

So my vote is USPS screwed up.
    With busy seasons, mail and packages can sit in a trailer parked at a distribution center for days waiting it's turn to be unloaded and scanned.
    USPS INDY is always behind during busy times. Plus it's a huge time of the year for employees to take vacation.
    We ship 5-30 packages we sell on eBay a week through the USPS, it's always this way this time of the year.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    All of my Midway orders come freaky fast. Usually 2 days.

Trick I use for shipping is to put stuff in the cart and let it sit. Won’t be long and you get a free shipping code. Usually it is on a $49.99 or more order. Then I order several items at once.

Never order something small. The shipping will eat you alive.
    Midway is usually 3-4 days with me in Madison Co. I tend to build up my order until the free or 10 buck shipping hits.

Who's scary fast is Bobcat Armament in Shelbyville, I've ordered Dillion products from Kimbal in the early afternoon and it's been on my porch the next day.
    He's very reliable.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Wonder what Midway could do better to secure reasonable shipping rates with the two inefficient union shops they are stuck with in UPS and USPS?

I wait for the free shipping, but it's still UPS Mail Inovasions. They get here whenever they get around to it. Sometimes quick, but often not.

Mail Inovations might have been a collaboration to save the shipper money by saving the last mile of delivery for the service that delivers daily anyway. Both of these operations have gotten to be terrible, blaming each other knowing neither will be held accountable.

I'm still hoping for Amazon to venture into external shipping. They could work out good deals with higher volume retailers like Midway.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yeah, I shipped a priority mail envelope with a barrel nut in it about 2 weeks ago. So there's that. But keep making ******* comments like you know better...

And USPS Ground Advantage is also available cheap...
    Yep. My favorite was the certified letter that took 7 BUSINESS days to get delivered. Their estimate, not taking the mailman 4 days to finally find the recipient at home or some BS like that. THat is the estimated date the clerk circled on the receipt.

I seriously could have walked from the PO I was sending from to the destination in less than 30 minutes.

Ahap

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 27, 2022
    Evansville
    Midway typically gets my orders pulled and "shipped", i.e. label created same day or next, depending on what time of day it's placed. Economy or free shipping via " UPS Mail Innovations" is absolutely the worst delivery service in the history of delivery services. UPS hands it off to USPS. I almost always choose UPS Ground and have had orders delivered the very next day before, never more than 3, while Mail Innovations takes 7-10 days.

Purdue1991

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 19, 2022
    Purple text does mean something on INGO.

Since text loses alot, purple is how we express sarchasim so others take the message the correct way.

Hope this helps.

It would have helped more when it was posted. But I appreciate the info.

Not really sure how I would have known that...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It would have helped more when it was posted. But I appreciate the info.

Not really sure how I would have known that...
    This may help you.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom