• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    So now turning onto a dark road is RAS?

Sorry for being a jackass, but what exactly which "specific and articulable facts" and "reasonable inferences from those facts" (which you have presented thus far, and given the totality of the circumstances) would lead a reasonable person to believe that a crime had been or was about to be committed?

There's no mention of you or you car "fitting the description" from the officers. "We've had a lot of burglaries" is as lame as they come.

We've had a lot of pretty "reasonable" jackasses here that can't figure out why you were detained, interrogated, disarmed, and investigated, other than the Fishers PD wanted to go on a fishing expedition, and you looked like a good candidate.

From your avitar, I'm guessing you don't dress in gang clothes or have prison tats.

"Hey buddy, hold on there. I need to ask you some questions."
    "Am I being detained?"
    "Got any weapons on you?"
    "I'm sorry, officer, but I'm about to clock in. Am I free to go?"
    "Well we've had a lot of break ins and we'd like to ask you some questions."
    "Like I said, I've got to clock in. Have a nice day."

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    We've had a lot of pretty "reasonable" jackasses here that can't figure out why you were detained, interrogated, disarmed, and investigated, other than the Fishers PD wanted to go on a fishing expedition, and you looked like a good candidate.

Fishing at its finest. As I said before... the only way to make it MORE blatant would be to stand on a sidewalk and ask everyone who walks by if they have wapons on them

From your avitar, I'm guessing you don't dress in gang clothes or have prison tats.

You never know. That might be where he found Jesus.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    All you have to do is provide ID, either verbally or your DL, then you can just sit there and say nothing, or I always answer their question with a question.

You only have to ID yourself if your suspected of committing an infraction or ordinance violation.

You cannot refuse to answer questions that are not covered by the 5th amendment. The 5th amendment only covers questions that can be self incriminating. If they ask you for information as a witness, and you refuse, they can detain you for it.

Check out the "don't talk to cops" video on youtube, he talks about that.

Yes he does, and this case is on the power point. You can refuse to answer questions and even refuse to testify in court.

FindLaw | Cases and Codes

Top Bottom