• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shwaisey

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    I have purchased ammo several times with no bad waits or hassles, consider myself a regular now.

There is an older employee who I have encountered several times who always has keys and register ready to go.

I will continue to shop for ammo there.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Hmmmm.... I've been in there several times and don't recall seeing him. I'm usually in there at wierd times though.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    If it wasn't for the price of gas, I would drive up there and get my ammo. In the time it takes for my local Walmart to get someone back to the sporting goods counter with a key, I think I might be able to drive to Indy and back.

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    If it wasn't for the price of gas, I would drive up there and get my ammo. In the time it takes for my local Walmart to get someone back to the sporting goods counter with a key, I think I might be able to drive to Indy and back.

I heard that!! I don't even bother checking my local WM. The service sucks. I just go to Rural King where it's not locked up.

Shwaisey

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Decent selection of ammo, they have two cabinets stocked full every time I am in there. (Remington civilian & nato calibers, Tulammo steel case, Federal FMJ, Winchester varmit & white box etc)
    The only thing that threw me in the loop was they only stocked winchester brand 12 gauge bird... I am a federal guy :D

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    My son's going to be working at Leslie's pool supply down by there this summer (shameless promo) so I reckon I'll be past there frequently. I grew up in that area and have watched the changes.

xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    This is also where I usually stop (on my daily commute route). The older gentleman was there tonight as well. Always friendly and never a hassle. (I really need to pay attention to his name.)

They were out of the 100rnd Federal 9mm again, but had plenty of the 50rnd boxes. I've not had trouble finding the 100rnd boxes for several months, but the last 2 times I stopped in past 2 weeks they were out. He pointed to the Remington UMC 250rnd box, but I don't think it is that good of a deal.

I grabbed some Tul Ammo for now. My CZ and XDM eat the steel case without issue. Just for target practice anyways.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 7, 2012
    Carmel
    I am specifically looking for federal 100rd packs and they have been out every Walmart I stop at.

If you're talking about the Federal 9mm 100rd packs, they're probably out because I always buy all of them...
    Just kidding.
    Sort of.
    I kinda do buy them out anytime I see them.
    Sorry.

Haven't seen any in at least 2 months, though. Last time I was in, I asked when they were getting more in, and we looked on the computer and they said the main warehouse has been out of stock for 2 months. So, they are completely sold out everywhere.

And OP, I know the guy you are talking about. He's a funny old guy, and he's the one that got me to try out the Federal. It shoots great, and $19.99 for 100 rounds is pretty awesome, if you ask me.

gunselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    32   2   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Indy
    Yeah they always have a good selection of ammo at this location. Be prepared to deal with horrible service at the tire center if you go there. Overall this store is one of the worst Wall Mart's i have been to. But they do have ammo and someone in the sporting goods section that has knowledge.

Tsigos

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    The Walmart on 96th street in Indy has a decent selection but the guy with the key is almost never around. One employee old me that his colleague with the key likes to take plenty of smoke breaks. I got the sense that he didn't appreciate having o work with someone who was gone for most of the day.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    96th St (Fishers) Wal-Mart you have "Terry" blue ball cap, thick glasses, mid 50's, always there during the day, and the sporting goods manager..............dang I forgot her name, I think its "Carrie" on her name tag it's right there around her neck...............:dunno:well you'll know her if you see her, as she has some sizable "attributes" right there where the name tag is hung. Yea, thats it, you'll know her by her caliber, definatly .44 !:patriot:

PS no 100 packs since before x-mas, and not due to get any soon, ammo sells out as soon as it is stocked in the popular catagories.:ingo:

Top Bottom