• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wxchick.h3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Southern IN
    The walmart on the south side of south bend needs a guy like that. The last time we were in there no one could find the key and they were sold out of a lot of ammo.

1nthechmber

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    Well that explains why my .40 is always bought up....you guys need to keep finds like 71st wally to your self.....damn..... :)

Last edited:

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    The older guy in Sporting Goods

96th St (Fishers) Wal-Mart you have "Terry" blue ball cap, thick glasses, mid 50's, always there during the day, and the sporting goods manager..............dang I forgot her name, I think its "Carrie" on her name tag it's right there around her neck...............:dunno:well you'll know her if you see her, as she has some sizable "attributes" right there where the name tag is hung. Yea, thats it, you'll know her by her caliber, definatly .44 !:patriot:

PS no 100 packs since before x-mas, and not due to get any soon, ammo sells out as soon as it is stocked in the popular catagories.:ingo:

The guys name is Richard, and yes, he is a great guy. I have been shopping there for several years and always stop buy his counter to buy a couple of boxes of something whether I need it or not. He rings up my other stuff also. I try not to abuse that privilage however.

mizzi

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Broad Ripple
    Two thumbs up for the friendly older gentlman on keystone. I have a serious distaste for walmarts, but I'll occasionally go if in a pinch for plinking 7.62x39 or 9mm. His smiley face, a quick checkout at the sporting goods desk and bam, right back out the door. Like it never happened.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I was there earlier this evening and got some Federal 22 Auto Match and Hornady 17HMR. Richard was working and rang me up, even asked to ring up my other items so I didn't have to stand in the line up front. They had plenty of all types of ammo. :yesway:

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    The Wal-Mart at 86th and Michigan is pretty much always in chaos. When I first moved to Indy about 7 years ago, I swear I was the only buying ammo from them. The same guy was always there (a nice Haitian guy) who would open the case up when I arrived.

Now, it's always haphazardly stocked and almost impossible to find someone to open the case (to be fair, that's generally true about everything in that Wal-Mart, it's really poorly run).

They also instituted a 6 box limit (which I think is just local management's policy). I don't really understand the reasoning. If so many people are coming in and buying in bulk, then frickin just stock more ammo. Don't limit how much people can buy. Anyway, most of the employees just let you ring it up in multiple purchases, so that limit is really a waste of time anyway.

At this point, I've taken to buying in large bulk at the gun shows (buying several thousand rounds each time I go) and just avoiding trying to buy ammo locally.

Though I will say the Wal-Mart in Lafayette (out by 65) was very different. They were well stocked, had targets and other shooting supplies as well as firearms, and pretty helpful employees. So, I guess it just depends on who is running your local Wal-Mart.

alluwant

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    I was in there today, all I can say is alluwant. Prices are good and they had alluwant. Service was good , and did I mention alluwant.

TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    If it wasn't for the price of gas, I would drive up there and get my ammo. In the time it takes for my local Walmart to get someone back to the sporting goods counter with a key, I think I might be able to drive to Indy and back.

If you're talking about the one on west 2nd, I feel ya. I never go in unless I've got nothing to do for the next hour. And then they act like it's such a bother when you ask them to come back to the sporting goods section. If only a H.S. diploma was required to work there... of course then we wouldn't have anybody to work at wal-mart.

Rww930

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2012
    Wal 71 keystone

Get my ammo there all the time....the guys name is Richard. Sometimes you have to find him because he's working, not hiding but he's helpful.

jmdavis984

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Greenfield
    I know wally world gets reamed all the time for killing small business in America, but they really do a good job of listening to customer desires. For example, they carry a lot of different airgun pellets now, including some very high quality ones, that a year ago were "airgun boutique only" fodder.

Top Bottom