• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JamesZX1100

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    NE INDY
    I would wake up this morning with a EXTREMELY terrible headache and stopped up head!!!! My head was pounding so bad, that I couldn't even stand up very long! Every year I get a really bad sinus infection(ever since my nose was broke a LONG time ago), and just my luck... The START of it would be on opening day!! At least I have some meds left from last year that I can take until I can get a new prescription from my family Doctor Monday!! I don't care how bad my head is hurting this evening, because I'm going to the woods no matter what!

I hope everyone else had a great morning!! Good Luck!

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    My brother called this morning with the opening morning report. He had four does out in front bout 25 yards after he got out of stand. Never had shot. His buddy sitting north of him had a shot at an average size 8pt but missed when he hit a limb. Plenty of deer spotted this morning.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    Didn't see anything this morning in the bloomington area. Man was the wind cold. It is so hard not seeing anything and looking at my new Bear Strike with that broadhead shining.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    Make sure anyone going out this evening or early tomorrow dresses warm. Forecast around here is putting the low tonight at about 35.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    But I'll add it to the list of reasons why I don't deer hunt! :dunno:

I really don't understand this statement, but I'll take a guess as to why you said this. Is this one of many reasons that you don't hunt deer. Is it because you are under the impression or believe that it is unsafe during early bow season because bow hunters are not required to wear orange? Please elaborate on your statement and I'm also curious about the other reasons that you don't hunt deer.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Wind was blowing the wrong way for me.

I'm thinking that cold front rolling in while I was out might have something to do with see no deer in the stand, the fields after or the ride home. Was like a ghosttown.

dcary7

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    East Coast
    I went this morning but had to work tonight. Spooked one walking in before shooting hours, couldnt tell if it was buck or doe. Had a doe walk in downwind of me at about 60 yards. Pretty sure she winded me, cus she was walking straight in.. paused for a second looking my way... then changed directions and walked straight out (i didnt move a muscle. so /shrug). I discovered I have turkeys roosting near my spot though. But there is a lot of traffic where im hunting so I'm pretty optimistic. Cornfields on 3 sides.. all got planted late so they're holding tight to it for now. Once it gets cut in a few weeks... :yesway:

dcary7

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I went this morning but had to work tonight. Spooked one walking in before shooting hours, couldnt tell if it was buck or doe. Had a doe walk in downwind of me at about 60 yards. Pretty sure she winded me, cus she was walking straight in.. paused for a second looking my way... then changed directions and walked straight out (i didnt move a muscle. so /shrug). I discovered I have turkeys roosting near my spot though. But there is a lot of traffic where im hunting so I'm pretty optimistic. Cornfields on 3 sides.. all got planted late so they're holding tight to it for now. Once it gets cut in a few weeks... :yesway:

dcary7

sounds like your sitting pretty for late Oct.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    ugh, wind is still coming from the north.

Should have went to Crane instead of the farm... I guessed wrong.

I'll be hunting after work a lot this week, hopefully will connect with my first archery deer.

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    Lots of deer spotted from my brothers this morning. One shot a year and half old doe. They are on the board and got good eats for the freezer!

Edit: Ill add a pic.

Unknown.jpg

I'll be home in November to hunt. For now, I have to be happy getting pics of my family harevesting deer!

Last edited:

VaGriller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 15, 2010
    Avon
    Hunted family property out by Racoon Lake yesterday morning and evening. Saw nothing in the morning, possibly due to my severe shivering from being way underdressed. Was a lot more comfortable during my evening hunt, took a shot at a doe that crossed the creek I hunt near but misjudged the yards and missed. Our wooded property is surrounded by corn and bean fields, once those come out it should become a lot more productive in a couple weeks when they push into the woods more.

JDubb

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Frankfort IN
    this morning 2 does came from behind me with my scent in their path, got to about 8yrds and let the big one have it. Only seen those 2 at 9am.

HOpe all you guys do good tonight!!

Top Bottom