• ...and so much more!
  • patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Appreciate the offer, may take you up on that. I've not really been excited about a gun in several years, I'm really looking forward to this project.

I've probably worked over 20 of them over the years. Currently down to 2 of my own and one of my boy's. He's off at school so I'm babysitting his. First sunny w/e in May sounds about right.

I've heard lots of good things about Brimstone's trigger work. If you don't wanna go all out on a Kidd 2 stage, Brimstone is hard to beat for the money.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    check out the boyd tactical stocks they maybe finsh your self but the options are limitless
    a5tacticool1.jpg

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've looked at those and really like the design. I shot McMillan A5 stocks for several years so I know it would be comfortable. I've not been able to find a weight comparison between the Boyds and Overmold and was trying to keep the rifle light.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    UPDATE: I've had the rifle in hand for awhile now and it's coming together. I have radiused the bolt and done the auto bolt release modification along with some minor polishing of the trigger components. I ended up going with the Hogue Overmold stock, TS mag release, TS SBX barrel and a lower end Vortex scope. Did some accuracy testing last Friday and was pleased with the rifle's capabilities although the ammo I was using for the below pictured group is impossible to find and pretty ridiculously expensive.
    RugerRifle_zpsd1803f50.jpg

Ten rounds at 50 yards with the Eley Match ammo
    RugerEleyGroup_zps0ba69630.jpg

Saber

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Don't spend big $$$$ on a trigger, get a cheap spring & shim kit, lightly grease it and you will have a sweet trigger.
    lots of vids on YouTube of how to do it

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Do a search on youtube for the auto bolt release mod. Several good videos out there, took me all of 15 minutes to do it and well worth the time.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Bell & Carlson also makes a similar stock to the Boyd's. I have one on my Custom 10-22 and it's completely free floated and the accuracy is top notch with the Kidd barrel.

5c2b827e.jpg

Top Bottom