• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Good for them. People should be able to speak their minds. They'd probably get more support if they petitioned for whack job control though.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Online petitions

It's widely understood that online petitions and polls are useless, whether they be about secession, gun control, or free Coors Light. They're easy to stuff with phoney votes and nobody pays any attention to them. C'mon, admit it. You voted several times in those USA Today polls about the 2nd Amendment guaranteeing our RKBA. Yes you did, too! :whistle:

jmemmert

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    Guys, I hope you are right in saying there is no chance of it happening. But, if it ever could happen, now is there chance. People seem let emotions get in the way of logic. What happened obviously causes the emotions to run wild. Combine that with an administration that would love to neuter the US, and the timing is perfect. I am guessing they are going to slam it through with the "fiscal cliff" crap that is going on. It is the "perfect" tragedy that they needed to get people on board.

These are my thoughts. I hope I am wrong.

What everyone needs to consider is what if they ban it all... Really, what would you do?

jmemmert

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    It's widely understood that online petitions and polls are useless, whether they be about secession, gun control, or free Coors Light. They're easy to stuff with phoney votes and nobody pays any attention to them. C'mon, admit it.

Unless the petition can be used as political ammo for the left.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Guys, I hope you are right in saying there is no chance of it happening. But, if it ever could happen, now is there chance. People seem let emotions get in the way of logic. What happened obviously causes the emotions to run wild. Combine that with an administration that would love to neuter the US, and the timing is perfect. I am guessing they are going to slam it through with the "fiscal cliff" crap that is going on. It is the "perfect" tragedy that they needed to get people on board.

These are my thoughts. I hope I am wrong.

What everyone needs to consider is what if they ban it all... Really, what would you do?

Just like all the stupid petitions started by people on here and other gun boards, these won't get any attention.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Why don't we start a petition to make murder illegal? Maybe that might get someone's attention to the stupidity of more gun laws.

sonofagun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2011
    Bedford, IN
    It got almost as much signatures in 1 day as the TX secession petition got in a month
    I think I'd have to take into account the population of the US (gun control petition) versus the population of Texas (secession petition).

Texas Petition 100,000 = .4 percent of the population of Texas

US Petition 100,000 = .003 percent of the population of US

The Texas petition beats the US petition by a factor of 133.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Why don't we start a petition to make murder illegal? Maybe that might get someone's attention to the stupidity of more gun laws.

That would be an excellent idea. Or a law to make school shootings illegal.

Can never have enough laws if you're aiming to live in a police state.

One State ought to go full constitutional, no restrictions, no GFZs, and another go full control (er, Illinois), and see which has more gun crime in the course of a year. I would take a bet on that one any day.

Connecticut is not exactly a gun-friendly state, or?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I think I'd have to take into account the population of the US (gun control petition) versus the population of Texas (secession petition).

DON'T introduce logic into this mess! It will totally confuse the Sheeple.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011

The problem with the logic of this is that people from all over the US signed both petitions. So your comparing the same numbers

Diesel24v

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Central
    Could we petition that every person that signed that petition is no longer a US citizen and has all rights stripped immediately. Then we could send them to a place where guns are in fact banned and see how fast they want to come back. :D

digitalmonster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    the last line:

"The signatures on this petition represent a collective demand for a bipartisan discussion resulting in a set of laws that regulates how a citizen obtains a gun."

does not cover stolen guns

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    the last line:

"The signatures on this petition represent a collective demand for a bipartisan discussion resulting in a set of laws that regulates how a citizen obtains a gun."

does not cover stolen guns

I guess they are fine with the current laws that allow non-US-citizens to buy and carry guns. :D :yesway:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I guess they are fine with the current laws that allow non-US-citizens to buy and carry guns. :D :yesway:

We definitely shouldn't care about the Bush and Obama administrations moving guns across the border to drug cartels. That isn't part of any problem. All of our problems come from gun show loopholes and mail order machine guns.

Top Bottom