• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    People that don't bother to register, and show up at the polls to vote (or vote absentee) should not sign petitions for anything in this country! Right?

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    People that don't bother to register, and show up at the polls to vote (or vote absentee) should not sign petitions for anything in this country! Right?

Should people have to choose between :poop: sandwich and :poop: sandwich with mustard to be able to have an opinion? There are many races where you don't have much of a choice because of what is on the ballot.

These stupid petitions don't mean anything anyway, no reason to be getting worked up over them.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Every time there is a tragic shooting the liberals are going to point a finger guns. Tragedies like yesterday's are have much less to do with guns than with evil. Laws will come and go like fads, and we wil always have to fight for what is most dear to us. We would all like to go through our entire lives and not be touched by tragedy. Evil is real, that will never change, it will always haunt our world and our lives, and yesterday is a stark reminder of that. Nobody wants to be reminded of it, its much easier to point a finger at guns, or at the NRA, put all the responsibility for the tragedy on something or someone else and then turn to back to our Christmas shopping and our comfortable little piece of the world. But to me, that is a very shallow approach, unfortunately life is much more complex than that. If it were so simple, we would have fixed it long ago. There is no making of sense of something that is simply irrational. When evil strikes at children, I don't think there is anyone out there, liberal, conservative, libertarian, doesn't matter, when innocent children are shot to death it makes any sane human being sick to their stomach.

Of course the difference is in how we cope with it. In all of this darkness, there is one other thing that will always be with us, which at least for me gives me a great deal of hope even when evil shatters our world like it did yesterday. It is just as real as evil, only stronger, and to me, especially this year, that is what Christmas is about. For all of its faults and division, America has been something very special in the world. There is a reason for that. I pray for all those children who lost their lives, and for all the parents and teachers who lost someone they love, that they will find what they need to cope. Sorry for rambling. Guess I'm just trying to make sense out of it like everyone else.

Top Bottom