• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    I see increasing class sizes and reductions in music/art/etc. These are not good changes. The tax rates here are lower than surrounding communities.

I did not review the budget, but if provided proof of waste and a plan to resolve it, I would gladly support THAT effort. In the mean time, I believe I made the correct, informed, decision.

Increasing class size? You mean from 21 kids per class to 26?...I think they will be just fine.

Reductions in music, art, and extra curriculars? Can they not apply for grants or do fundraising...

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    I did not review the budget, but if provided proof of waste and a plan to resolve it, I would gladly support THAT effort. In the mean time, I believe I made the correct, informed, decision.

How is your decision informed if you admit to not reviewing the information?

Also in the mean time, you can be happy to pay a .31% increase on your property tax starting next year...for the next 7 years.

For me, that's nothing to sneeze at.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    How is your decision informed if you admit to not reviewing the information?

Also in the mean time, you can be happy to pay a .31% increase on your property tax starting next year...for the next 7 years.

For me, that's nothing to sneeze at.

WHAT INFORMATION, YO!?!

.31%, but its for the children! An argument over taxes (.31%) that go almost entirely to schools is a distraction from the real issue you should be worried about, the actual two digit (whole numbers mind you) percentages you send to the federal governement to fund their massive (and obvious) waste. I won't bother to provide the widely available documentation of that waste. Not to mention the huge portion of your income that is going to fund the retirement of your parents and/or grandparents... That is of course, unless your current income is being funded by my social security 'donations', in which case it would make sense that you'd be complaining about paying a .31% tax to fund a public school.

p.s. 72% of my community agrees with me. While 28% of them agree with you, they (you) lost.

Last edited:

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    WHAT INFORMATION, YO!?!

.31%, but its for the children! An argument over taxes (.31%) that go almost entirely to schools is a distraction from the real issue you should be worried about, the actual two digit (whole numbers mind you) percentages you send to the federal governement to fund their massive (and obvious) waste. I won't bother to provide the widely available documentation of that waste. Not to mention the huge portion of your income that is going to fund the retirement of your parents and/or grandparents... That is of course, unless your current income is being funded by my social security 'donations', in which case it would make sense that you'd be complaining about paying a .31% tax to fund a public school.

Interesting. You ignore the points I make, probably didn't click on the link, have never seen the budget and claim you made an informed decision. But, then you ask "what information, YO"?

Now you turn it around and accuse me of complaining because "it's for the children".

I don't care if the increase was .001%, they didn't NEED it, and I would have still voted NO.

p.s. 72% of my community agrees with me. While 28% of them agree with you, they (you) lost.

Bravo.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Missed the Facebook link. I don't do that.

I ignored your other "points" because they don't neccessarily ad up to waste or are good changes in my opinion.

Further, for all of the negative information you have attempted to provide, I don't see your better plan nor your plan to enact a change. "bravo"

P.s. The it's fir the children crack was a joke. I guess you don't get it.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    Further, for all of the negative information you have attempted to provide,

Sorry, hard keeping up with all the good information you provided for why the referendum should have been passed.

I don't see your better plan nor your plan to enact a change. "bravo"

You first. :):

P.s. The it's fir the children crack was a joke. I guess you don't get it.

I will admit, from your other statements you had me fooled.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    The difference is that I support the school. I'm not bashing it. If I had a better plan, then I'd feel comfy doing so. Until then, I'd love to hear yours.

See, I come with an open mind. I don't believe that exists on both side of this complete waste of time.

Oh and I went to that Facebook page. No good information was found there. Just standard dribble about tea party taxed enough. No better solution that I could see. With 5 likes and 2 followers, I'm surprised you didn't have the votes!

Also, I wonder what election laws were broken???

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    The difference is that I support the school. I'm not bashing it. If I had a better plan, then I'd feel comfy doing so. Until then, I'd love to hear yours.

See, I come with an open mind. I don't believe that exists on both side of this complete waste of time.

Oh and I went to that Facebook page. No good information was found there. Just standard dribble about tea party taxed enough. No better solution that I could see. With 5 likes and 2 followers, I'm surprised you didn't have the votes!

Also, I wonder what election laws were broken???

Were you arguing over whether his views would be voted in, the number of people who agree with him would be relevant. However, you seem to be arguing cost/benefit, in which case the fact that a bunch of people voted this way or that is utterly irrelevant unless there is demonstrable proof that those votes were well-informed and based on sound logic. Any fool with a bit of charisma could get a legion of voters to agree on any given issue, as history has shown.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Were you arguing over whether his views would be voted in, the number of people who agree with him would be relevant. However, you seem to be arguing cost/benefit, in which case the fact that a bunch of people voted this way or that is utterly irrelevant unless there is demonstrable proof that those votes were well-informed and based on sound logic. Any fool with a bit of charisma could get a legion of voters to agree on any given issue, as history has shown.

Any fool maybe, but not Minuteman.

I might be willing to join his legion... But I'm not convinced there is a better solution. The efforts to pursuade me have been VERY week. Did you see his FB page?

P.s. Not sure what was laughable about that first link anyway. Made sense to me.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Again I will ask: If you value arts education so highly, why didn't you donate a bunch of your own money instead of forcing other people to give theirs?

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Again I will ask: If you value arts education so highly, why didn't you donate a bunch of your own money instead of forcing other people to give theirs?

Because too much of my money is funding the retirement of the generation above me. That is money on rich I will get no return. That percentage represents a significant portion of my income while the school referendum is minute.

This school issue is a distraction from the real issues. Those that are presented in that original link. Eliminate them, and then we can talk about my donating practices.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Because too much of my money is funding the retirement of the generation above me. That is money on rich I will get no return. That percentage represents a significant portion of my income while the school referendum is minute.

This school issue is a distraction from the real issues. Those that are presented in that original link. Eliminate them, and then we can talk about my donating practices.

No, the real issue is this:

Everybody wants something and they want everyone else to pay for it and I think it's crap.

And by the way, you didn't even research the school budget before deciding to throw away more of everyone else's money? You have no clue if it's being wasted or stolen (it probably is).

But damn, gotta make sure we get some more art education in schools amirite.

Top Bottom