• drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Convoluted story that.
    This pistol was produced by Brolin arms, called the "Carry Comp"
    Bought it used for a song from a closing gun store... it was one of the last things they had.
    The thing turned out to be a jam-o matic.
    Was looking to have some custom pistol work done, and while looking at the Tussey custom web sight, noticed they had the "stealth comp" as an option.
    Called them up and talked to Terry, asked him if he could get it to run for me.
    At first he was like "NO WAY!"
    He said the guy who started Brolin arms once worked for him and started his own shop...stealing some of Terry's ideas, like the stealth comp, but couldn't get things to run reliably since he was a poor smith.
    Anyhoo, after some ego stroking from me, said he would work on the gun, so I sent it to him and had it totally gone through.
    It runs like a top now, so it is Tussey custom reworked, but no logo, understandably.
    Anyhoo, I do have 2 other Tussey custom guns with the logo on them.

Brolin Arms, hadn't heard that name in a long time.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Has anyone had any experience with the Sig Tacops 1911 in 10mm? I know they are not popular in some circles [CM] but the .45 I have has been great.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Has anyone had any experience with the Sig Tacops 1911 in 10mm? I know they are not popular in some circles [CM] but the .45 I have has been great.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    No personal experience but some of the guys on SigTalk have them and they seem very happy with them.

Viking Fires

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 11, 2017
    Clarksville
    You might check Armslist, there was a guy on the Indiana page about a week ago that had a Colt Delta Elite for $700. I exchanged a few messages with him and he seemed legit, it was just too far of a drive for me. He was in Crawfordsville. Got a friend who said nothing but good things about the Delta Elite. I’ve heard mixed things on Kimbers in general. I had a Custom 2 that was 45 and never had an issue with it but couldn’t comment on the 10mm. I think I’d probably go with the Ruger.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    I bought a les baer premier hunter in 10 mm last year was so happy and impressed with it i bought a premier2 6" in 38 super. It shoots awesome also. I fell they are quality firearms all the way around.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    So I was getting ready to buy a new Springfield RO Elite Operator in 10mm. I have a 2nd gen Delta Elite and a CMMG Banshee. I want another 10mm to add a red dot with a dovetail adaptor plate, and a rail for a Surefire light.

As I'm doing my research, the first two YouTubes I look at show jamming problems with the Springfield. The one guy had to send it back to Springfield, where they had it 4 weeks and worked on the feed ramp, chamber, etc... The other guy was showing the first shots out of it, so I don't know what he did after that. I really like the looks of the Springfield and it's in my price range, but darned if I want to buy into a problem gun.

Any thoughts on this, or words of encouragement or advise? I wouldn't mind spending a little more, but didn't really want to get into the highest priced guns. I know you get what you pay for, but I would have thought for $1000 one could get a dependable 1911. I've had good luck with Rugers, but I don't see one with a rail. Thanks in advance.

tjh88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Vallonia
    So I was getting ready to buy a new Springfield RO Elite Operator in 10mm. I have a 2nd gen Delta Elite and a CMMG Banshee. I want another 10mm to add a red dot with a dovetail adaptor plate, and a rail for a Surefire light.

As I'm doing my research, the first two YouTubes I look at show jamming problems with the Springfield. The one guy had to send it back to Springfield, where they had it 4 weeks and worked on the feed ramp, chamber, etc... The other guy was showing the first shots out of it, so I don't know what he did after that. I really like the looks of the Springfield and it's in my price range, but darned if I want to buy into a problem gun.

Any thoughts on this, or words of encouragement or advise? I wouldn't mind spending a little more, but didn't really want to get into the highest priced guns. I know you get what you pay for, but I would have thought for $1000 one could get a dependable 1911. I've had good luck with Rugers, but I don't see one with a rail. Thanks in advance.

A good friend bought a Springfield about 6 months ago. He had feeding issues and had to send it back in. Pretty decent turn around and seems fine now. I've got the Ruger SR1900 that does great and a 1980s-1990s Delta elite blued that's never been fired from new. Was Dad's and he wouldn't even work the slide. Can't talk myself into shooting it even now that hes gone.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A good friend bought a Springfield about 6 months ago. He had feeding issues and had to send it back in. Pretty decent turn around and seems fine now. I've got the Ruger SR1900 that does great and a 1980s-1990s Delta elite blued that's never been fired from new. Was Dad's and he wouldn't even work the slide. Can't talk myself into shooting it even now that hes gone.

If it's an early model shoot sissy loads in it. Nothing hot.

Top Bottom