13 year old boy gunned down by deputies...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    I would like to live in the land of unicorns, rainbows and happy endings. If someone could provide me with a map it would be greatly appreciated.

The officers obviously should have shot the gun out of the boys hands while ensuring no bullet fragments struck his hands before taking him for ice cream and buying him a new, realistic toy AK47.

why didn't they use a taser instead?

Lunati

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Warsaw
    If they believed the weaponh was real (as I think anyone would), yes then they thought he was breaking the law. You can't OC in Cali.

If I saw a kid with a rifle and it was illegal to carry I would probably thing it was a toy gun. Not jump out of my car and shoot him when he turns around. I've seen lots of neighbor kids run around with BB guns and never felt in danger.

ticktwrter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    I just can't get so many here with anti police feelings. Believe it or not but ALL officers are hired from the human race. Age of the other person does not matter. Look at the news just this week. A 12 year old shoots and kills a teacher, shoots school mates then kills himself. A 14 year old is arrested for killing a teacher. Here in South Bend we have had officers killed by teens one scum being Gregory Dickens who shot and killed Cpl. Paul Deguch in 1998. Folks, anyone I here should be smart enough to know that if the police are pointing a real gun at you that you do nothing to aggravate them. I don't speak a foreign language but if I were in Fance and a police officer pointed a gun and yelled at me in French, I surely wouldn't lift my fake gun and point it at them. These officers will live with the guilt of taking the life of a 13 year old for the rest of their lives and that is a life sentence. If any evidence comes forward probing thy were wrong, then the legal system should do what it is meant to do.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    You better hope you never face the situation. Your assumptions could leave you dead...

No, his assumptions would leave all parties alive. He'd just keep driving and the kid would continue walking along not bothering anyone with his pellet gun.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    talk is cheap

My point would remain valid even if it was expensive.

There is no mention of the kid doing anything remotely threatening prior to being engaged by the officers. The most they were doing was investigating a non-threatening but illegal act in California.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    This is clear cut self defense, if all happened as they said, I see nothing wrong with how the officers responded. Horrible, but I don't blame them.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    My point would remain valid even if it was expensive.

There is no mention of the kid doing anything remotely threatening prior to being engaged by the officers. The most they were doing was investigating a non-threatening but illegal act in California.

Somebody felt threatened enough to call 911, and the situation seemed to require a lights/siren response

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

The same standards should apply to ALL people.

Zimmerman claimed self defense, and in the absence of evidence to the contrary must be believed as the sole eye witness.

Same goes for the police. Police claim self defense, the eye witness(es) must be believed in the absence of contradictory evidence.

What is good for the gander is good for the goose, at least as far as I am concerned.

Regards,

Doug

Last edited:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    To All,

The same standards should apply to ALL people.

Zimmerman claimed self defense, and in the absence of evidence to the contrary must be believed as the sole eye witness.

Same goes for the police. Police claim self defense, the eye witness(es) must be believed in the absence of contradictory evidence.

What is good for the gander is good for the goose, at least as far as I am concerned.

Regards,

Doug

There were plenty of people around here condemning Zimmerman.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Oh you witnessed what happened for the person to call 911? Please do tell us!

I'm not even aware that there was any 911 call. :dunno:

Regardless, incidents of people calling 911 for nonsense or bogus reasons are well documented. They may even describe how they felt threatened, but that alone does not define a threat.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    This is clear cut self defense, if all happened as they said, I see nothing wrong with how the officers responded. Horrible, but I don't blame them.

Agree....but the key word is ..."IF".....too many LEO's have lied in the past for me to put faith in their words. If the kid pointed it at them he had to be one stupid kid.....which from what I gather from Facebook could be true. Some who claim they have been in that area say the IQ of the people is about 68, and that goes for LEO's there too.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Wow, lots of knucklehead ASSumptions going on here. Having been in a similar situation myself I can attest that REAL LIFE is 100% different than internet life. First, when I went though Combatives (defensive tactics) Instructor School sever years ago, we participated in a test (I wished we had videoed it). The test consisted of a cop and a bad guy holding a gun. The BG was holding it down at his side and the LEO had his pistol (training gun) pointed at the BG. The LEO was instructed to fire his "gun" when he sees the BG raise his gun up. Easy right? This is what YOU want the officer to do right? A dozen times we tried this, the bad guy was ALWAYS able to get a shot off before we perceived the threat and act on it. It was downright scary. LEO loses 100% of the time. We are relegated to luck in order survive a gunfight. Luck that allowed the first round to miss, or hit a non vital area. Before this training I was involved in a run where a drunk guy was in the common area of a multi unit house, firing off a gun. I get there and find him back there with a gun at his side. He had a blank stare when he was looking at me and ignoring my command to drop it. It was far enough along that I had actually taken the slack out of the trigger on my G22. He dropped the gun as I was about to fire on him. He was .5 secs away from getting dropped and come to find out his stupid .22 pistol had gone empty with the slide locked back. I could have 100% right in firing but the gun being empty with a slide locked back (I couldn't see that) would have locked me in civil court for years to come. The BG DOES NOT need to raise the gun up to get fired on. Refusing to drop it when ordered "could" be enough to warrant firing on. Lets not get stuck on the "raising the gun up" because it is not always necessary. No one here has enough facts to draw an informed opinion, even me so you don't see me taking sides. Lots of opinions being pulled out of dark places based on what they THINK is the law, or legal.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Agree....but the key word is ..."IF".....too many LEO's have lied in the past for me to put faith in their words. If the kid pointed it at them he had to be one stupid kid.....which from what I gather from Facebook could be true. Some who claim they have been in that area say the IQ of the people is about 68, and that goes for LEO's there too.
    I'm sure the involved officers are a bit bummed that you don't believe them.

Top Bottom