13 year old boy gunned down by deputies...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Statistics collected by a non biased source like the national safety council I don't have an issue with. Groups like the Cato institute who take legitimately collected data and twist it to fit their mission statement I have the issue with. They tweeted "you are 8 times more likely to be killed by a cop than a terrorist". That was the only part of the survey they posted. They neglected to say that you are more likely to die from a train attack or lightning. So I'm fine with non biased statistics I'm just not fine with the spin. Much like sex panther cologne, 60% of the time it works every time!
    I'd like to investigate your statistics if you'd provide me a link. I tried to search your stats and have come up with no study or article that matches.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    The best part about your statistics is that they are bastardizations of fact to fit your bs agenda. The real fact is you are 8 times more likely to be killed by the police than by a terrorist. Not many people are killed by terrorists, however people enter into shoot outs with the police daily which is where the statistic comes from. In fact, the study that was done has "shot by police" as the second to last thing more likely than a terrorist attack. Your almost twice as likely to die from a railway accident than to be shot by the police. You're 11,000x more likely to die in an airplane accident.

If you're not a criminal you have nothing to worry about.

We know that part's not true.

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Certainly true, but I prefer not to spend my life in a schizophrenic box of emotion. If I were worried about that, I should statistically be more worried about sharks, getting attacked by a train, struck by lightning, set on fire, etc ect. I don't have time to worry about the second to last likely way to die.

Top Bottom