140 Congressmen Send Letter to Vets Admin Telling Them to Use State Laws to Red Flag Veterans

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    @KellyinAvon @GuyRelford @Kirk Freeman @HoughMade

Thus far I've only seen this YouTube from Jared Yanis (Guns and Gadgets). He has a copy of a letter dated 13 March, signed by 140 Democrat Congressmen that was sent to the Veterans Administration Director after the latest Omnibus Bill was passed approximately a week ago to stave off a Federal Government shutdown. They're extremely pissed the bill, passed by both House and Senate, and signed by Biden about a week ago, contains provisions (the "Kennedy Amendment") that put an end to the VA unilaterally "adjudicating" veterans without any judicial due process as being too wacko to possess firearms, reporting it to NICS, and to the veteran's local law enforcement, without notifying the veteran beforehand. A form letter is later (sometimes) sent to the veteran informing the veteran they're a "Prohibited Person". It's an extrajudicial action that strips the veteran of any rights to possess firearms, declaring the vet a "Prohibited Person", and potentially launching local law enforcement to seize any in the veteran's possession by armed force.

The letter instructs the Veterans Administration to now use local (state) Extreme Risk Protection Order & Red Flag laws to strip veterans of their rights to acquire, own and possess firearms. If they cannot unilaterally disarm military veterans with an extrajudicial "adjudication" now blocked by law, they'll do it by other means. This is nothing less than a tantrum being pitched by the Biden Administration, Congressional Democrats and the Veterans Administration. It doesn't have the power of an Executive Order from Biden, but I've little doubt the same VA Director who attempted to take down Eisenstadt's famous Times Square VJ-Day "Kiss" photo in all VA facilities, will put this into motion.

This big steaming pile of male bovine fecal matter is the reason I do not set foot anywhere near a VA facility of any kind, medical or otherwise. I'm not up on Indiana's "Red Flag" laws and don't know how this would play out with the VA in Indiana attempting to disarm veterans using Indiana Law. It's certainly going to be easier in a number of other states.

Jared can be quite strident, and there's always a "paid promotion" commercial just after his introduction before he gets to the subject matter. I've been looking to find a copy of that letter online and have not been successful yet.

Last edited:

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I spent the week of March 5-10 on Capitol Hill with AMVETS lobbying for legislation which benefits veterans. It’s probably a good thing I didn’t know about this back then. I’m screenshotting the letter out of the video for us here momentarily. I know a lot of people that need to hear about this. I’ll be calling it to AMVETS National Headquarters attention immediately!

Last edited:

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Here’s the letter, including all their names:

Attachments

• IMG_2954.png
      IMG_2954.png
      1.3 MB · Views: 29
    • IMG_2955.png
      IMG_2955.png
      1.2 MB · Views: 32
    • IMG_2960.png
      IMG_2960.png
      1.1 MB · Views: 30
    • IMG_2961.png
      IMG_2961.png
      1,012.1 KB · Views: 24
    • IMG_2962.png
      IMG_2962.png
      997.3 KB · Views: 18
    • IMG_2963.png
      IMG_2963.png
      1,019.3 KB · Views: 16
    • IMG_2964.png
      IMG_2964.png
      964.1 KB · Views: 14
    • IMG_2965.png
      IMG_2965.png
      1.1 MB · Views: 24
    Last edited:

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Damn, these **ckers never stop. If i read the Louisiana gun carry law correctly, it made the military members ,active or retired and LE eligible to cc without permission. PTSD went on for how many years before they finally said it was real..

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    13 Page PDF of the letter created from screenshots is attached. This can be downloaded to send to others via email, etc. Created cropped images of pages from screenshots, inserted them into a MS Word Doc, and then exported it as a PDF. Jared gave an approximation of the number who signed it. I counted 138 total.

Attachments

• 13 March Congress Letter to VA.pdf
      1.3 MB · Views: 12

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Thanks. I was thinking about doing the same thing but I’ve been tied up at work all day so I hadn’t been able to get to it. Appreciate the work.

Last edited:

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I’m glad you took the background off. It ought to have a Chinese or Russian flag behind it instead of Old Glory. Would it be out-of-line to rename the PDF to include something like “slimeball Democrats” instead of “Congress” before I send it to anyone?

Top Bottom