• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The level of bipartisan cooperation and ability to keep emails secret is a major victory for the government. Odd that no one went Snowden, hackers haven't gotten emails, etc. Is that the draw to conspiracy theories? That the gov't isn't really as inept as the right keeps preaching and that, while nefarious and evil, at least someone is in charge?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    The level of bipartisan cooperation and ability to keep emails secret is a major victory for the government. Odd that no one went Snowden, hackers haven't gotten emails, etc. Is that the draw to conspiracy theories? That the gov't isn't really as inept as the right keeps preaching and that, while nefarious and evil, at least someone is in charge?

Conspiracies, and certainly cover-ups, have been executed since long before email or even burner phones were dreamed of.

Somebody
    conspired and communicated somehow to pull off the coordinated events of that day, that's just a fact.

The government gave us one theory, and though other theories seem far more plausible to me, we'll still likely never know all the details.

Enough evidence remains available to suspect a concerted cover-up attempt in the government's secretive handling and criminal destruction of evidence, so it seemed reasonable to talk about it ...after 15 years.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Yeah, and we didn't actually go to the moon, either.

Everyone is a physicist and a structural engineer on the internet, after all.

:rolleyes:

:popcorn:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Yeah, and we didn't actually go to the moon, either.

Everyone is a physicist and a structural engineer on the internet, after all.

:rolleyes:

And every academic or expert the government trots out willing to fall on their sword in support of the official narrative has nothing to gain or lose in doing so, either, right?

mmm... thanks. :popcorn:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    And every academic or expert the government trots out willing to fall on their sword in support of the official narrative has nothing to gain or lose in doing so, either, right?

mmm... thanks. :popcorn:

Are we talking about 9/11 or the moon landing?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Of course not, or you wouldn't have mentioned Godwin. ;)

Did you find anything else in that particular video noteworthy?

I'm confused. And I need to finish the video. I got about 5 minutes into it after getting home from work this morning. I'll let you know what I think after I finish it.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

I've known a fire protection engineer who was part of the review team on this fire back in 1953 at the GM transmission plant in Livonia, MI. The building was thought to be (at the time) moderately fireproof because of its steel construction. He was astounded at how the steel framing had warped and twisted, even in areas where there was fire protection and in areas where the fire moved through quickly.

This was the largest industrial fire in history up until that time. A loss of about $50,000,000 in direct costs.

I was involved in a mall construction in Bakersfield California in the 1960's. I'll see if I can find photos. The post-tensioned concrete decks of this 4 story building were raised into place by cables, then secured. For whatever reason, the wedge system failed on the 4th floor over one weekend and the building pancaked to the ground. This was only 4 floors, but consisted of high-strength cables holding the decks in place as well as providing rigidity to the decks. Gravity along with the weight of the floor and the shear forces in place collapsed the building like a house of cards.

Physics.

9-11 conspiracies are utter nonsense and generated by people who don't know very much about structural engineering or those who say they know more than they do.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So what you're saying is that Bush 41 in concert with the Saudi's, Jimmy Hoffa and Mamie Eisenhower (only female 33rd degree Mason...it's a secret) conspired to burn down a GM plant which we know because steel does not lose structural integrity in a fire even when fueled by kerosene and all manner of other chemicals.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    <Deep breath>

Anybody wanna run the math on the energy of a 767-200 that weighs 250,000lb (70k of which is Jet-A) and is traveling at 400 knots?

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I must ask a follow-up question, so we don't get a misleading misrepresentation ala NIST: Did you actually examine the evidence for any signs of a cover up?

NIST claimed that they found no evidence of explosives/accellerants in the WTC debris. It was only upon follow up questioning that NIST admitted they had not looked for any in their "investigation".

I've admitted that we'll likely never know the details of the events of 9/11, much of the evidence was quickly destroyed and investigation attempts repeatedly blocked

...I asked about the deceit, the cover-up, who was responsible for that?

We may never know the details of who shot JFK, but we can recognize the signs of a cover-up and figure out who was involved in the efforts to fabricate the deceitful narrative we were handed. That part wasn't handled by aliens, it was U.S. government agents.
    I've seen the videos and what not and see no cover up just a bunch of wild theories. I will put more faith in a magazine that has decades of experience in mechanics and how things work with a great track record than a website that was created around a theory.

Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    9-11 conspiracies are utter nonsense and generated by people who don't know very much about structural engineering or those who say they know more than they do.

/THREAD

There is enough true issuesto blame on our government but this is not one. Anyone believing the conspiracies illustrates more about themselves than anything else.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    So what you're saying is that Bush 41 in concert with the Saudi's, Jimmy Hoffa and Mamie Eisenhower (only female 33rd degree Mason...it's a secret) conspired to burn down a GM plant which we know because steel does not lose structural integrity in a fire even when fueled by kerosene and all manner of other chemicals.

It's out now.....We just can't handle the truth.....

[video=youtube;OKQz5CO-1sI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKQz5CO-1sI[/video]

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    <Deep breath>

Anybody wanna run the math on the energy of a 767-200 that weighs 250,000lb (70k of which is Jet-A) and is traveling at 400 knots?

About 2.4 billion joules.

I comparison, a major league fastball is about 131 joules. A Cadillac Escalade traveling at 65 mph is about 1.1 million joules.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom