• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redemption

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Model1 sucks. They are rude and have **** poor protection on there internet order site. Just go to ARF.com and search how many have been ripped off by false credit card charges.
    J&T are solid guys. There stuff is on the level with Stag and Del_ton. For what you are going to do with it, it will be gtg.

BCM is the flavor of the month. There stuff is as good as colt and as good as it gets. Lowers are lowers. Spikes seems to spring chubs right now but RRA, J&T.....Palmetto has a lower out now that should be primo based on its manufacturer- Aero Precision. :rockwoot:

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    Looking to have something built like this:
    Stag Arms

Perhap without the front site, just BUIS

About how much can I have something like built at the show?

A standard weight 16" flat top is always an option (my son's rifle is a Colt light weight 16' flat top). Myself don't mind the front sight post with an Aimpoint as typically do a co-witness setup and with most higher power scopes the front sight just goes away in an out of focus blur. For a low power scope (i.e. 1 to 5) then a folding front sight might be an extra cost option if you feel the need.

If one is going with new vs partially used up surplus (ie 1 in 12 twist 20" M16A1 take offs etc.) then you can figure a nominal price by going to the Model 1, J&T or PK Firearms website. You might get a few percent off on a good day, or maybe not at the 1500.

I always figured an upper, bolt group, low end rail hand guard and half a barrel were all just over a $100+ each plus a dozen or two dollar for front sight, charging handle, thus bring you expected cost to the mid five hundred range with out rear sights. Not much different than the Stag upper you referenced.

Last edited:

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    Looking to have something built like this:
    Stag Arms

Perhap without the front site, just BUIS

About how much can I have something like built at the show?

I'd say about $600-$700. Depends on the BUIS.

Here's a similar config from del-ton.com for $540 but it doesn't come with a rear BUIS. However, you can get 5% with the with the code ARFCOM.

J&T and Model-1 will be in the same range. That Stag set up is a nice one.

ret

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Sorry for jumping in but can anyone confirm that the AR market is down relative to 18 mos ago? I'm going to sell mine for $500 - for quick sale and I don't think I' "giving" it away at this point just ready to move on and I did get adeal on it...trade so I really don't have that much in it.

JC_

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    Grant County
    Sorry for jumping in but can anyone confirm that the AR market is down relative to 18 mos ago? I'm going to sell mine for $500 - for quick sale and I don't think I' "giving" it away at this point just ready to move on and I did get adeal on it...trade so I really don't have that much in it.

The market is certainly down, but it is not completely dead. The manufacture and makeup of the parts will tell if the rifle you have is worth $500 or $900+.

What do you have?

WaltherFan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    EM69XX aka Fishers
    Thanks to everyone for the comments. I took 1/2 day at work yesterday to hit the show. This is what I purchased from PK Firearms:

Rock River Arms CAR A4 16 Inch Chrome Lined - Lightweight – 7" YHM Diamond Rail - YHM Flip Front Upper
    Rock River Arms Flat Top receiver and 16" Wilson, lightweight contour, chrome lined, Carbine length gas system, 1/9 twist, 5.56 NATO chamber. The forend is a Yankee Hill Machine 7 Inch Diamond Quad Rail with a YHM Flip-up front sight and A2 flash hider.

I got that and two 20 round mags for 600.00
    The fit was perfect on my RRA lower.
    I just need to get a rear site now.
    Another thing that impressed me was the lack of sharp edges on the quad rail. I held a buddy's AR and couldn't believe the sharp edges on it. I thought his would be miserable to shoot.

Pics to follow.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    So I noticed Model 1 was not at the last Indy 1500 unless I totally spaced them. J&T was there though. I bought a bunch of small parts. Nice people but a little scatter brained.

Top Bottom