• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    Can anyone recommend a decent 18650 battery and source? Most of what I see on Amazon look a little sketchy or downright fake. Doesn't have to be super high end. I don't really want to pay $20 per battery. I'm just looking for something that is a real 18650 for a decent price.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Can anyone recommend a decent 18650 battery and source? Most of what I see on Amazon look a little sketchy or downright fake. Doesn't have to be super high end. I don't really want to pay $20 per battery. I'm just looking for something that is a real 18650 for a decent price.
    We sell these for $5 each at the store. I can't say how they compare to other brands, but we have sold hundreds with no complaints. 1000000289.jpg

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    We sell these for $5 each at the store. I can't say how they compare to other brands, but we have sold hundreds with no complaints. View attachment 334756
    Thanks for the reply. If I were closer, I would come by and pick up a couple to tryout.

Just wondering if you have ever weighed one. I have seen a few videos that say if they weigh less than 42 grams then they are not real 18650s.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Thanks for the reply. If I were closer, I would come by and pick up a couple to tryout.

Just wondering if you have ever weighed one. I have seen a few videos that say if they weigh less than 42 grams then they are not real 18650s.
    It's pretty close, but not quite 42 grams. I weighed a few and they are all within .5 grams, hovering just below 42 grams and just above 41. The battery designation actually comes from the dimensions (length and width), so the weight would be a good way to determine if substandard components are used assuming that the dimensions are the same.
    It's likely that a $20 battery would be better quality. 1000000304.jpg

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    It's pretty close, but not quite 42 grams. I weighed a few and they are all within .5 grams, hovering just below 42 grams and just above 41. The battery designation actually comes from the dimensions (length and width), so the weight would be a good way to determine if substandard components are used assuming that the dimensions are the same.
    It's likely that a $20 battery would be better quality. View attachment 334878
    Thanks for checking. That's not bad. The one I got from Amazon was just under 36 grams.

Top Bottom