• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    They are similar, but not the same. The 18650 is wider. It will not fit into the same hole that a CR123 will, but it looks like it will until you try.
    Maybe I am recalling the interchange backward. I know I have a light that uses a rechargeable like that and I can sub 2x 123

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    My bad, it is 16650. My thermal scope runs them instead of cr123. Kind of costly on the initial buy, but it quickly pays for itself when you're burning three cr123 every two hours.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    My bad, it is 16650. My thermal scope runs them instead of cr123. Kind of costly on the initial buy, but it quickly pays for itself when you're burning three cr123 every two hours.
    The rechargeable batteries are great, for MOST devices. For high-drain devices, they sometimes don't work.
    The only reason I know about the difference in size between those batteries is because I've made the same mistake myself. They look almost identical.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Can anyone recommend a decent 18650 battery and source? Most of what I see on Amazon look a little sketchy or downright fake. Doesn't have to be super high end. I don't really want to pay $20 per battery. I'm just looking for something that is a real 18650 for a decent price.
    Is your battery a lipo battery? If so, why not get it charged.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    I like Panasonic/Orbtronic brand... Samsung is my second favorite. I'll usually purchase from Battery Junction. Alternative source is 18650 Battery Store. You can also order directly from Orbtronic.

Battery Junction

18650 Battery Store
    Thanks for all the recommendations, everyone. I found what I needed at Battery Junction. Unfortunately, I found more than I needed and spent enough to get the free shipping.

Top Bottom