• ...and so much more!
  • Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    View attachment 73092 View attachment 73093 View attachment 73094 View attachment 73095 View attachment 73096 View attachment 73097
    The me. Measures a 3. And couldn’t look any better. I think as of now this is my new prized rifle. I also just got the email from the cmp that my order for a service grade garand is in process. I’m hoping for an H&R but if not I’ll just have to get another one .

Paintman, Beautiful rifle. I have owned several 03A3's. Enjoyable shooting. Just a note to pass on. You indicated in your first "thread" that this 03" starts your WWII collection"? However above you are hoping for a H&R Garand? Not to be "that guy", but if you are trying for WWII? H&R did not make the M1 Garand during WWII. Only Springfield Armory and Winchester made the Garand during WWII. H&R did not start Garand manufacturing until the Korean War. Just passing this along. None the less a beautiful 03A3 you have there.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Oh oh, now you are going to have to start a Korean collection!

Those Garand's are addictive, I know. Pre WWII Springfield, every year of the war Springfield and Winchester, post war Springfield, Korean era Springfield, Korean H&R, Korean IH, then the "5 mil" and on and on...

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    Lol yea I’m pretty sure my wife may off me before I get all the garands I want bought. There are several I want that mean different things to me. Luckily the one I just got is a 9/44 Springfield with an original barrel. Beautiful finish but they swapped the stock for a cmp stock. Guess I’ll just have to get another one to make sure I have one with a GI stock:):

Litebow

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Near Avon
    Nice rifle. I have an 1903a3 I bought to shoot 100 yard high power matches at Brownsburg and Fall Creek, back in the 80s. It had an Aperture sight and hooded front with interchangeable post put on it by previous owner. It gave me a beating, but was fun. I subsequenty got a Garand from the CMP and used it. Back then my Garand only cost 119 dollars total. The 03a3 cost me 175 from a private individual. Those were the days.

Top Bottom