• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ireed3

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    indiana
    does anyone know of someone that can fabricate 1911 grips in or around indianapolis? i am having my knife handle done in desert ironwood and would like matching grips done for my 1911. i will have the wood blanks, i would just like to find someone local to do the fabrication. this is my first post since joining in 2011 but i love this site.

Last edited:

Jim McKalip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Cumberland
    Ahrends grips isn't close, but they are good and will make grips from your wood. Grip making is their only business. I've got one set of theirs and have been very pleased.

ireed3

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    indiana
    i really like the skip checkered pattern, kinda bummed i may be waiting 3 months to get them. i cant PM Walt O because i havent posted 50 times, so i will be waiting. lol

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    i really like the skip checkered pattern, kinda bummed i may be waiting 3 months to get them. i cant PM Walt O because i havent posted 50 times, so i will be waiting. lol

PM a mod and see if they can't send him a message for him. I don't think this qualifies as a run to the classifieds but that's up to our fearless leaders.

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    I am WALT O I only make smooth surface grips . At the present time I am recuperating from shoulder surgery and it will be a few more weeks or months before i can do any grip making.

dont have any iron wood grips left I- cocobolo,2- spalted maple, tiger maple

Last edited:

ireed3

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    indiana
    sorry about the injury, get well soon. beautiful work. do you still have the cocobolo from the first pic? if so could you pm the the price, etc.

tocws2002

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2016
    KY
    does anyone know of someone that can fabricate 1911 grips in or around indianapolis? i am having my knife handle done in desert ironwood and would like matching grips done for my 1911. i will have the wood blanks, i would just like to find someone local to do the fabrication. this is my first post since joining in 2011 but i love this site.

I make 1911 grips (and other styles), if you haven't found anyone to make you a set I'm willing to work with you on a custom set. I can do them smooth or checkered. I am in KY, just east of Louisville. Below are some examples of some recent grips and a checkered set out of Afromosia. I generally finish the grips with multiple coats of Tru-oil.

Thanks,

- jb

Sycamore Burl
    DSC07404.jpg

Snakewood
    DSC07414.JPG

Osage
    DSC07413.JPG

Honduran Rosewood Burl
    DSC07397.JPG

Afromosia (half-checkered)
    DSC04190.jpg