• ...and so much more!
  • DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I had a set of custom grips made for one of my 1911 builds Allen did. If you email Ron, he can let you know what blanks he has available and will email you pictures of what the woods look like. He can duplicate the Wilson starburst pattern and add logos to the grip panels as well. He is easy to work with and will even do a 3D rendering of what your grips will look like before he cuts them. He has a sub-forum on 1911forum.com and showcases a lot of his work there.

RMHKnives.com
    ron@RMHKnives.com

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I make 1911 grips (and other styles), if you haven't found anyone to make you a set I'm willing to work with you on a custom set. I can do them smooth or checkered. I am in KY, just east of Louisville. Below are some examples of some recent grips and a checkered set out of Afromosia. I generally finish the grips with multiple coats of Tru-oil.

Thanks,

- jb

Do you have a store that you sell your grips through?

tocws2002

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2016
    KY
    Do you have a store that you sell your grips through?

I am working to get them in a LGS and should have them there by the end of the month. The sets I have sold over the past 4 or 5 years have been word of mouth and custom orders. I do have several sets currently made and am working on a few different styles other than the 1911. If you are interested in a set(s) let me know and we can discuss.

Thanks,

- jb

raptrbreth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    New Palestine
    I had a set of custom grips made for one of my 1911 builds Allen did. If you email Ron, he can let you know what blanks he has available and will email you pictures of what the woods look like. He can duplicate the Wilson starburst pattern and add logos to the grip panels as well. He is easy to work with and will even do a 3D rendering of what your grips will look like before he cuts them. He has a sub-forum on 1911forum.com and showcases a lot of his work there.

RMHKnives.com
    ron@RMHKnives.com

Last I read he is on a 12 month wait. I got in the queue when it was only 10 months.

tocws2002

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2016
    KY
    Just looked at RMHKnives.com and he has some really cool grips, I especially like the ones with the gears and the ones with the Boy Scout emblems. Not sure what he charges for them, but if he has a 12 month wait list it sounds like he's not charging enough. I've always heard that in business if you don't have enough work you are charging too much and if you have too much work you aren't charging enough. Would love to see more of his knives also.

-jb

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    When I ordered my set... The ones pictured on the website that have the sunburst pattern and the caspian logo... The wait was about 30-45 days. My grips ran about $125 with shipping.

Last I read he is on a 12 month wait. I got in the queue when it was only 10 months.

tocws2002

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2016
    KY
    When I ordered my set... The ones pictured on the website that have the sunburst pattern and the caspian logo... The wait was about 30-45 days. My grips ran about $125 with shipping.

Price and time frame for your grips sounds reasonable, what kind of wood did you get?

-jb

Top Bottom