• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Stage 1 on the ro is complete. Picked it up from allenm's guns n' auto nothing fancy. Trigger job, barrel crown, magwell, ambi safety fit and tuned for my grip, and extended mag release. If i like single stack it'll be going back for full Monty work, eliminate roll marks, forward serrations, checkering, undercut, full length guide rod, ignition kit, and a match barrel... wanna get some matches down before jumping off that cliff tho lol.

KgIlgIz.jpg

LQAE4Uf.jpg

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Looks sweet! Love the grips.

I have a buddy that swears by his 9mm Springfield, and he shoots SS with it as well. You will be stuck in Minor Power Factor Hell however...

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Looks sweet! Love the grips.

I have a buddy that swears by his 9mm Springfield, and he shoots SS with it as well. You will be stuck in Minor Power Factor Hell however...

Thanks, I actually got those grips after he finished with the hard work. an lgs had them marked down on black Friday. I'm thinking that will be the direction i go when i decide to get it refinished. Or I'll just get them coated to match whatever we decide to paint it.

It's for steel challenge only tho, so no power factor worries. Im locked into pcc for uspsa with the sponsors i have for 2019. Steel challenge lets you shoot two categories and with no powerfactor 9mm seemed more logical.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Admittedly, I’m not the biggest fan of 3” 1911s, but I came across a deal on this one I couldn’t turn down.

30jk194.jpg
    ebajiq.jpg

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Admittedly, I’m not the biggest fan of 3” 1911s, but I came across a deal on this one I couldn’t turn down.

30jk194.jpg
    ebajiq.jpg

Congratulations. I have a version like that (can't remember exactly its name). I like it and it's been a reliable shooter...except when I tried some steel case ammo. It...did...not...like that stuff.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Have you given it a shot yet....reliability on the 3" pieces can be iffy.
    You know, I was watching a youtube video awhile back. It was Bill Wilson and Ken Hackathorn I think. Two people that know a lot about 1911s. They said that the small 1911s will function better with the 185 grains instead of the 230s, something about the slide being able to operate faster.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You know, I was watching a youtube video awhile back. It was Bill Wilson and Ken Hackathorn I think. Two people that know a lot about 1911s. They said that the small 1911s will function better with the 185 grains instead of the 230s, something about the slide being able to operate faster.

Timing is the thing. Totally.

Top Bottom