• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    The longer I'm in the game, them more I appreciate simple.

How would you rate your TRP with others?

TRP>any other 1911 I have shot so far. That gun could shoot the family jewels off a fly at 50 yards and not wink once! Ill admit, colt 38 super and the springer loaded (ESPECIALLY) are fitted SLIGHTLY better, but everything else can't compare. I also LOVE the cheese grater front strap! In other words…basically my perfect 1911 other than a Springer Pro

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    TRP>any other 1911 I have shot so far. That gun could shoot the family jewels off a fly at 50 yards and not wink once! Ill admit, colt 38 super and the springer loaded (ESPECIALLY) are fitted SLIGHTLY better, but everything else can't compare. I also LOVE the cheese grater front strap! In other words…basically my perfect 1911 other than a Springer Pro

Outstanding! I have been considering 3 or 4 for my next purchase. The TRP is on that list. Thank you for your input.

2A_Dad

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2014
    Anderson
    Here is my baby... My dad gave me this Colt Combat Elite when I graduated from college. Not only a sweet shooter, it's very special to me.
    1911.jpg

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I think that a properly maintained 1911 carried in Condition 1 is just about as safe as a handgun can be, without being unloaded/unchambered. The thumb safety must be flicked off, the grip safety must be fully depressed and the trigger must be pulled for a shot to be fired. I would not consider carrying unchambered or unloaded, nor would I carry with the hammer down on a loaded chamber, so condition 1 is my method. I may someday even go to condition 0, but condition 1 is right for me, right now.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    For your carry, do you keep one chambered? I have heard mixed reviews on the safety of the 1911 carry> Interested in your thoughts.

While not the true origin of the saying "cocked and locked" (goes back to flint lock days), it definitely applies to the 1911, and was the way it was designed to be carried. There is no manual decocking mechanism, and the thumb and grip safety work together to make sure that the hammer won't drop and the firing pin won't go forward unless the pistol is properly gripped.

For that matter, just about every moder pistol is designed to be carried with a round in the chamber. If you ever need to pull it, by golly it better be ready to use. Racking the slide can waste precious time that may make the difference between life and death.

woodshed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    13895869275_a320be51e2_z.jpg

Dan Wesson PM-9 with Ahrends Custom Ebony double diamond grips and a gold bead front sight.

Scott

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Finally got the custom cut VZ grips I ordered at the NRA convention.
    SB's CEO wanted to personally install them for me... so I let him. Cuz I'm special. lol
    K!llJoy came to the shop and got his miniony fingerprints all over, but he's a good kid, so I only had to smack him a couple times. Not like some of the others. (You know who y'all are).
    Anyhow...
    Here are my new slammin' grips. BOOYAHH!

image_zps3c11326d.jpg

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Finally got the custom cut VZ grips I ordered at the NRA convention.
    SB's CEO wanted to personally install them for me... so I let him. Cuz I'm special. lol
    K!llJoy came to the shop and got his miniony fingerprints all over, but he's a good kid, so I only had to smack him a couple times. Not like some of the others. (You know who y'all are).
    Anyhow...
    Here are my new slammin' grips. BOOYAHH!

image_zps3c11326d.jpg

Those are sweet guns, but they seem a BIT high...

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    The perfectionist in me wishes the bottom grip screw was centered in one of the "circle" designs, like the top grip screw is. Otherwise cool grips. Maybe the designer is reading. I wish people that created products would think of the details like I do.
    Because I'm so perfect myself.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    The perfectionist in me wishes the bottom grip screw was centered in one of the "circle" designs, like the top grip screw is. Otherwise cool grips. Maybe the designer is reading. I wish people that created products would think of the details like I do.
    You're the second person to say that.

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood

That's a good point. ;)

Top Bottom