• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zombiehunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    there's a little more to the story....he wasn't just in trouble because of point his finger like a gun, he's in trouble because he kept doing it after being repeated told not to!

If he was picking his nose and told not to repeatedly, they still would have been suspended him....it's called "he got in trouble for not freaking listening!"

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    hmm My 7 y/o pointed his finger like a gun in public school too this year. Guess what, he's still there and no suspension because he was only told once to stop and he LISTENED!

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    hmm My 7 y/o pointed his finger like a gun in public school too this year. Guess what, he's still there and no suspension because he was only told once to stop and he LISTENED!
    WHAT? WHAT?? WHAT??? You actually corrected your child on the words of an enforcer???? Dear God...the next thing you know you'll be teaching your children personal responsibility...

there's a little more to the story....he wasn't just in trouble because of point his finger like a gun, he's in trouble because he kept doing it after being repeated told not to!
    The problem with this is...if you bring together the actual facts...it then doesn't fit the agenda the OP has.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    did anybody even read the article? he wasnt suspended for the act... he was suspended for not following directions or minding the teachers.
    Who the **** do these [strike]teachers[/strike] enforcers think they are???? They have no right expecting a child to behave!!!

Throw his dumbass out of school until his mother apologizes to the rest of the class for her brat's disruptions. This is why public schools don't work. It's filled with little dumbasses that teachers have to waste their time attempting to instruct.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    WHAT? WHAT?? WHAT??? You actually corrected your child on the words of an enforcer???? Dear God...the next thing you know you'll be teaching your children personal responsibility...

The problem with this is...if you bring together the actual facts...it then doesn't fit the agenda the OP has.

I actually taught my child right from wrong. He's still a work in progress and has lots of room for improvement, hence playing "finger gun" in school when he knows it isn't the appropriate place.

you're right though, reading the article and seeing the actual facts would not fit the agenda.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    What happened to detentions? What happened to making the student do extra homework? Taking away recess for the day? Separating him from his friends in class?

The fact remains he was suspended for the way he positioned his fingers. Guess they are gearing him up for the control freak society he will deal with as an adult. Ooo my agenda is showing... look out, I might try to NOT control you...

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I actually taught my child right from wrong.
    images

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    What happened to detentions? What happened to making the student do extra homework? Taking away recess for the day? Separating him from his friends in class?

The fact remains he was suspended for the way he positioned his fingers. Guess they are gearing him up for the control freak society he will deal with as an adult. Ooo my agenda is showing... look out, I might try to NOT control you...

we've had detentions this year, last year and by gosh even in kindergarten. Why I said my son is a work in progress. None of his detentions were for "gun" play.

The kid was suspended for NOT LISTENING, kinda like you now. ;)

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    What happened to detentions? What happened to making the student do extra homework?
    What happened to parents raising kids that aren't social retards? He was told several times. This isn't a case of zero tolerance. It's a case of a brat that didn't mind. Home school the little brat and the problem is solved.

Mommy can handle the problem that way.

Carry on the agenda OP.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    It doesn't matter. This thread...like most of the rest you post...would just be adjusted to fit whatever the [STRIKE]teachers[/STRIKE] enforcers did to handle the problem.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN

I have no comment on the main subject of this thread, but as an education major, I have had to take ed psych and classes like that and I can offer insight to these questions.

The current theory about "extra homework" is that it is not an effective punishment because it will cause students to always associate homework with "punishment" rather than viewing it as a tool to help them learn.

There are state guidelines that do not allow for children to have recess taken away. When I was in school if you didn't do assignments, you had to sit in "inside recess" and do work, but teachers are only allowed to take a certain amount of recess time away.

OK, that's all. I just wanted to share something I had a little knowledge on.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN

What happened to your great "personal responsibility" mantra??
    The little brat didn't like that particular rule since it was a "victimless crime" and he chose to disobey it.
    In that case he also gets to enjoy the consequences of his actions.
    That's what personal responsibility is all about!!!
    You're right.
    Your agenda is showing.

Top Bottom