• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I wonder how people would react to their kid coming home with bruises given to him from the adults in charge at school. Seriously. I've seen some pretty protective parents around here and I wouldn't want to be the teacher who decides to lay a hand on their kids.

There's a big difference between the parent doing it and a stranger doing it.

And if you find yourself in a f*ed up situation, getting beat up without recourse what then? Your kid's attendance is mandatory, and they will issue an arrest warrant if they stop attending. "Write a letter and ask the rule to be changed." This system is crazy.

Last edited:

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    I wonder how people would react to their kid coming home with bruises given to him from the adults in charge at school. Seriously. I've seen some pretty protective parents around here and I wouldn't want to be the teacher who decides to lay a hand on their kids.

And if you find yourself in a f*ed up situation, getting beat up without recourse what then? Your kid's attendance is mandatory, and they will issue an arrest warrant if they stop attending. "Write a letter and ask the rule to be changed." This system is crazy.

I can only tell you about the kids I knew growing up. Most would get a worst beating from their moms when they got home. Then another when our dads got home. If you really screwed up they took you outside to spank you so the whole neighborhood could watch.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I wonder how people would react to their kid coming home with bruises given to him from the adults in charge at school.

There's also a huge difference between effective corporal punishment and a beating. :rolleyes:

Home school. Problem solved.

As I said...you used to post some very interesting threads. Anymore...it's nothing more than twisting news stories to promote anarchy. This one for example. You took a story about a kid that didn't mind and was punished because of it and turned it into a story about being oppressed by "the Man".

I just don't think anarchy works...but that's just my :twocents:.

A former Major of mine once told me, "You've worked for me before...you know we have rules".

Good luck finding that society that exists without them...you'll need it.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I can only tell you about the kids I knew growing up. Most would get a worst beating from their moms when they got home. Then another when our dads got home. If you really screwed up they took you outside to spank you so the whole neighborhood could watch.
    Holy :poop:!! I think we had the same parents. :):

Sorry you grew up in such a horrible place that had...rules.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    There's also a huge difference between effective corporal punishment and a beating. :rolleyes:

What is the difference? What is the legal difference? How does a teacher hitting kids in school not fit the legal definition of assault? How do you handle the teachers who get off on hitting and touching little kids? Surely you are aware of the twisted folks who do this crap.

Home school. Problem solved.

That's wonderful, but not everyone can do it. Not everyone has the means to do it. How does a single mother working 2 jobs have time to home school? She's being taxed to pay for a government education. If she got to keep that money she might be able to work less hours and find the time to teach her kid herself. Public Schools have to fit everybody, that's what makes them such a spectacular failure. You can't force someone to pay for a public service and then tell people to "home school" when their kid is being abused, and forced to be there by law.

As I said...you used to post some very interesting threads. Anymore...it's nothing more than twisting news stories to promote anarchy. This one for example. You took a story about a kid that didn't mind and was punished because of it and turned it into a story about being oppressed by "the Man".

I just don't think anarchy works...but that's just my :twocents:.

I don't remember you ever enjoying my threads. :D I don't think a system of private-only education has anything to do with anarchy. You've got the system you ask for -- it is running its natural course into the ground. The institutionalization of the last several generations in a row has re-shaped society as a whole. It is no surprise that parents have changed, children have changed, laws have changed... It is by design. People have become used to being dependent on the system and turned into good little sheep. Did you read those excerpts about Prussian schools? The model we use is working exactly as it was intended. Sad but absolutely true.

Good luck finding that society that exists without them...you'll need it.

Without rules? Interesting that we are talking about a behavior that I believe to be criminal -- assault -- and you don't seem to agree on this one. Maybe you are the Anarchist on this one?

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    If that were one of my kids i would pull them from the school .....first grade give me a break

There are a lot of people who agree with sending a 1st grader to solitary. That is essentially what in-school suspension is. Its usually a small room attached to the administration offices. There is a desk and no clock. The child is delivered the appropriate school work and food. Controlled potty breaks, controlled yard time. The point is to deny him access to his peers.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom