• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Rand needed to simply ask Christi if he thought anyone on the stage would have refused any of the hugs he offered if they had constituents who lost lived ones

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    I found Bush to very forgettable, a day later and really can't remember what he said. A repeat of Romney, Dole and what's his name that ran aginst Obama in 08.

Last edited:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    For what it is worth:

- Main debate: 24 million viewers- Highest non-sports cable rating ever

- Early debate: 6.1 million

- John Stewart finale: 3.5 million

link

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    For what it is worth:

- Main debate: 24 million viewers- Highest non-sports cable rating ever

- Early debate: 6.1 million

- John Stewart finale: 3.5 million

link

Compared to only 3 million viewers for the first debate back in 2011…looks like people were interested in this one.

Rand Paul did as good as I thought he would, not the best debater, but he knows that and does his best. Still think he is the best, came out fighting from the start and thats what I like to see. Trump is a chump, a bully and head in the clouds….we already got a prez like that, don't want to see another.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I saw much of what I expected from the guys on stage. A loud-mouth from New Jersey that supports government spying, another Bush, a boring guy from Wisconsin, a guy from Ohio playing to his home crowd, a guy from Texas that sounded a lot like a former president from Texas, and Donald Trump being himself. Rand Paul surprised me by letting himself get suckered into a yelling match by the loud-mouth from New Jersey and leaving with a bloody nose. Huckabee did better than I expected, but that Southern Baptist "fire and brimstone" tone might turn some people off. Dr. Ben Carson impressed me the most, (versus what I was expecting) and I think he really upped his standing with a lot of people. But I think Rubio was the most "presidential" and would have got my vote had a vote been taken last night.
    DISCLAIMER: I didn't watch the early debate and so have no comment on those candidates.

Edit: After listening to a couple sound clips from the earlier debate, I would love for Carly Fiorina to be chosen as the VP running mate. Wow. Can you imagine a Dr. Ben Carson/Carly Fiorina ticket? A "Government of the people, by the people, for the people" ​sounds very nice for a change.

Last edited:

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    Sadly, as long as there are parties in Congress, the President will be able to do lots or little--he will push his agenda, or he will sink.

Certainly, I'd like a question to be asked about how the candidate feels about the legality of what the President has done, or the use of Executive orders, etc., to push his agendas--and follow it up with how to prevent such potential abuses from happening again (referring to the checks and balance of the Senate doesn't count, because clearly they're not holding up their check and balance). I'd also like to ask the candidates how they feel about the singular first person pronoun. This current President says "I" and "Me/My" more than anyone I can recall.

I think most of the nation is starving for a quality Republican candidate--a beautiful candidate is going to present himself, and people will flock to him, only to find it is Obama v2.0. Or there will be a third party candidate which will split the vote (people will realize that we need a third party to help counteract the monopoly and manipulation of the Ds and Rs, and will rush to validate the candidate/party as a major party (especially for the 2020 election). Long story short, until the cronies go away, we will always get what we have always gotten. A government run by the parties, not the elected officials.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Video: Watch Donald Trump say Megyn Kelly had "blood coming out of her...wherever" | Twitchy

What is going on.

In fairness, that menstruation joke was as classy as a menstruation joke can be.

What would be better? Let him show his ass, and fade away naturally? Or address it on-air, making it a bigger spectacle? Megyn shouldn't dignify it with a response. But her on-air colleague should spend maybe 2 minutes, tops, shredding the **** out of him.

In a nation of 321 million people, this guy should NOT still be leading the race for GOP nom.

Greg Gutfeld said:
    The line to apologize to Megyn Kelly and Dana Perino forms tomorrow morning.

Last edited:

Cola76

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 4, 2013
    Jeffersonville, IN
    I would say Rubio and Christie had the best night. Trump showed that he was all talk and no substance. Carson is likable, but he is not ready for the office. Bush, Walker, and Kasich answered fine, but were not very memorable. Cruz, Paul, and Hukabee are irrelevant because they are 100% unelectable in the general election.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Carli is getting a lot of publicity after this debate. Addmittedly, I haven't heard much from her but with comments like these, I'm going to be listening:

[video]https://youtu.be/KTNwKb7fmJg[/video]

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Carli is getting a lot of publicity after this debate. Addmittedly, I haven't heard much from her but with comments like these, I'm going to be listening:

[video]https://youtu.be/KTNwKb7fmJg[/video]
    I'm paying attention too. At first I didn't take her very seriously, but she's shown that she's worth a listen.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana

Thanks for posting. While it is a big issue to all of us, I truly hope and pray this election is about more than gun control. It will continue to be an emotionally charged issue and rallying cry to raise funds for organizations on both sides of the coin. I would like to think that Carson, or other non-politicians have the fortitude to stand up to scum like Pelosi and other perpetual gun grabbers, look them in the eye, and tell them to drop it, and focus on more important issues.

I've been keeping an eye on Carson and Fiorina for a few years and have heard both of them speak at non-political events. Both are very well spoken, and have a bona-fide ability to use facts and logic in decision making.

I think where Fiorina would stand out the most is that she has been a chief executive of a large organization. However, in the private sector, the chief executive typically has more influence on the subordinates in the organization, and has the authority to remove them from office due to poor performance. It would be interesting to see how her executive experience would translate in to the public sector where she would have very little control of those working with her.

The flip side of that is I think she would have no qualms quickly trimming the fat out of the government, albeit at great peril to her own political future. She (or any "R" in this election) needs to strongly consider their strategy.

A) Slash and burn as much as possible in first term, risk being a dreaded 1 term POTUS, and risk putting more energy into the pendulum such as it swings even father left during the next election cycle.

B) Slowly and methodically make needed changes with clear and succinct priorities and metrics, playing it as and 2 term strategy as much as possible and try to dampen the swing of the current pendulum.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Trump. . a dick. "I give money to everyone and they pay it back with favors" line shows just what kind of thinking he runs by. We don't need that crap.
    To me Rubio has a quick mind and good stage presence. Cruz hits home on his points. Fiorina made a strong showing.
    It's still early in the game and some are keeping opinions pretty generic and trying not to put their feet in their mouths. At least the rational ones are.
    Paul should get a better barber and go into more detail of what he stands for more than against. It's too early for the negative stuff.

Top Bottom