• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Looks nice. Maybe next time. Gotta look for holster first so I can run without my pistol falling out. Will a thigh holster be ok for this match?

Dtwentythree

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Scottsburg
    Looks like thigh holsters are gtg, as long as they don’t ride “too low”.
    Here’s a screenshot from the holster section of the rule book.

Attachments

• CA08EC17-42CE-41C8-BA57-3051C4D8356B.jpg
      CA08EC17-42CE-41C8-BA57-3051C4D8356B.jpg
      109.6 KB · Views: 13

CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton
    HappyGunner- if it is real-world, and safe, you won't catch any grief over your holster. One of the MDs runs his Walther in a low drop-leg holster.

CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton
    TSA will be have a table set up at the Indy 1500 in January! Just found out tonight. I plan on helping Walt and Chaz out at the show. If you have interest in the sport, and you are going to be at the show, be sure to stop by and talk to them. They will have a large banner above the table, so you shouldn't be able to miss them.

Dtwentythree

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Scottsburg
    TSA will be have a table set up at the Indy 1500 in January! Just found out tonight. I plan on helping Walt and Chaz out at the show. If you have interest in the sport, and you are going to be at the show, be sure to stop by and talk to them. They will have a large banner above the table, so you shouldn't be able to miss them.

Cool. We’ll have to stop by and say hi

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Looks nice. Maybe next time. Gotta look for holster first so I can run without my pistol falling out. Will a thigh holster be ok for this match?

FWIW, thigh holsters and running are not a great combination. If you do use one, make the drop extension as short as you can possible make it and wear the holster as high on your leg as you can it. I predict that you would much prefer wearing your holster at belt level. It you need to wear a plate carrier or body armor, it might be an exception, but there are alternatives for that as well (don't know if they'd be within the rules for this game, though).

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    FWIW, thigh holsters and running are not a great combination. If you do use one, make the drop extension as short as you can possible make it and wear the holster as high on your leg as you can it. I predict that you would much prefer wearing your holster at belt level. It you need to wear a plate carrier or body armor, it might be an exception, but there are alternatives for that as well (don't know if they'd be within the rules for this game, though).

I wish I have that option but all I have now is the thigh holster as it can secure the gun while running. Also no one makes a tanfo holster that secures the gun but has a quick release lock for fast draw. The thigh holster can be belt mounted though. I just gotta figure it out. I'm just itching to shoot rifle rounds.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I wish I have that option but all I have now is the thigh holster as it can secure the gun while running. Also no one makes a tanfo holster that secures the gun but has a quick release lock for fast draw. The thigh holster can be belt mounted though. I just gotta figure it out. I'm just itching to shoot rifle rounds.

We all get that feeling!

Does your Tanfo have a rail on the dust cover? If so, you might consider a Blackhawk Omnivore holster. Instead of being built for a specific gun, they are built for a specific light. If you have the holster for a Surefire or Streamlight rail-mounted light, then any gun on which you mount that light will work in the same holster. It used a thumb plunger to release the gun just like the 5.11 Thumb Drive.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

I'm sure I've got a "real world" Glock 19 and rig you can borrow. You know, one like the cops and most regular guys carry every day? ;)

CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton

For your first match, don't worry about running. Typically, there is so much to keep straight it the stages, most people just walk. And one of the Match Directors makes holsters on the side, which a good amount of the shooters have switched to (myself included- comp-tac gear is now retired). In any case, i always advise new shooters to run what they have for the first match before buying any new gear.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    For your first match, don't worry about running. Typically, there is so much to keep straight it the stages, most people just walk. And one of the Match Directors makes holsters on the side, which a good amount of the shooters have switched to (myself included- comp-tac gear is now retired). In any case, i always advise new shooters to run what they have for the first match before buying any new gear.

Heh, good general advice, but you apparently don't know Happygunner. He's going to run.

Top Bottom