• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    I am still not sure why we keep Painter... he is garbage and always has been. He wasn't even good in college.

He didn't look that great tonight. He overthrew Addai on a screen that was the first play of the game, overthrew reggie on an INT, but did make a decent throw to Garcon on that deepball

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    I switched channels at halftime, and kinda got sidetracked in my office/workspace.

I know we never really worry about pre-season, but wow did we look off tonight....

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    I switched channels at halftime, and kinda got sidetracked in my office/workspace.

I know we never really worry about pre-season, but wow did we look off tonight....

Pretty Terrible, typical Colts preaseason football.
    I always say its like they think if they win preseason games the whole universe will be thrown out of wack.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Pretty Terrible, typical Colts preaseason football.
    I always say its like they think if they win preseason games the whole universe will be thrown out of wack.

Kinda re-enforces the idea that Peyton and Saturday are the acting coaches when on the field, without both of them, it just doesn't flow.

I just hope that neck injury and surgery don't disrupt the timing too bad, I expect to see a rough first couple of games in the regular season, with Peyton starting, but possibly being out by halftime, depending on how his recovery is going...

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Kinda re-enforces the idea that Peyton and Saturday are the acting coaches when on the field, without both of them, it just doesn't flow.

I just hope that neck injury and surgery don't disrupt the timing too bad, I expect to see a rough first couple of games in the regular season, with Peyton starting, but possibly being out by halftime, depending on how his recovery is going...

Im not overly concerned, Peyton was out all of the 09 Pre season, they struggled a bit out of the gate and ended up in teh super bowl. Its not really a big deal.

As far as Painter, the backup is pretty much irrelevant. If Manning goes down no one is winning as many games as he does with the Colts roster top to bottom. Admitadly I am a Purdue fan, but Painter is fine, there are worse guys in the league. Really all he needs to be able to do is help Manning where he needs it and be smart enough to understand the offense. But he isnt very good on the field, was pretty mediocre against good teams in college. He is what he is.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Manning being out doesnt really bother me either. He isnt as much a physical player as he is a mental player. The man thinks football, I think as soon as his body catches up to his mind everything will click right where it needs to be. Would love to see the colts in the superbowl in Indy. Likely? No. Sure fun to think about though.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Colts need more beef at DT and LB before they need TJ Whoseyermama... Of course, that's the story every year.

Ever wonder why they have a hard time keeping their DBs healthy? It's because those guys are forced into making too many tackles. You get relatively undersized guys at DB and force them into stopping running backs who are at full-tilt? Yeah, that'll cause injuries.

Why do the DBs have to make all those tackles? Because the DL and LBs get blown off the ball because they're "light & fast". Light & fast has worked at the DE...but generally only in passing situations. Against the run, the Colts DEs are pitifully average.

Anyone else sick of this "Tampa-2" defense? I know I am!

PTA grad

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Colts make a living at progressing rookie dbs they do it better than anybody else. With so many stars on offense taking up the pie, it leaves little resources to gain on the defenseive side of the ball. I think the tampa 2 is fine, the system is proven and a change of scheme usually leads to a collapse. I think the problem is that the defense is on the field for to long thats why with our highest pick in years colts went with an offensive lineman - hopefully not another ugoh. Giving payton time to pick at the defense and wear them down is the key for our defense to be more effective.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I think the Colts will have another decent, but not great, year. I'm thinking 10 wins will be the magic number. The team I'm picking to win the Super Bowl is the New Orleans Saints.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Predictions?

9/11 @ Houston Texans 1:00 PM W

9/18 CLEVELAND BROWNS 1:00 PM W

9/25 PITTSBURGH STEELERS 8:20 PM L

10/3 @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers 8:30 PM W

10/9 KANSAS CITY CHIEFS 1:00 PM W

10/16 @ Cincinnati Bengals 1:00 PM W

10/23 @ New Orleans Saints 8:20 PM L

10/30 @ Tennessee Titans 1:00 PM W
    11/6 ATLANTA FALCONS 1:00 PM W

11/13 JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS 1:00 PM L

11/20 BYE

11/27 CAROLINA PANTHERS 1:00 PM W

12/4 @ New England Patriots 8:20 PM L

12/11 @ Baltimore Ravens 1:00 PM L

12/18 TENNESSEE TITANS 1:00 PM W

12/22 HOUSTON TEXANS 8:20 PM L

1/1 @ Jacksonville Jaguars 1:00 PM W

Record: 10-6 and a division title in a very weak division...again.

-J-

I'm going to revise this a bit: The Colts will lose both to the Texans and finish 9-7, ending their streak of 10+ win seasons.

-J-

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Why did Manning wait till right before pre season to have his surgery?
    It seems he would have had it long before he did so he would have plenty of healing time for the opening season. He did the same thing for his knee surgery. Just wondering.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Why did Manning wait till right before pre season to have his surgery?
    It seems he would have had it long before he did so he would have plenty of healing time for the opening season. He did the same thing for his knee surgery. Just wondering.

I honestly believe it's to keep him out of camp and preseason games. I'm a firm believer they do this stuff on purpose. When we finally see PM take a good look and you'll see he is still in awesome shape like he never missed a beat.;)

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    I heard the ugly rumor tonight at work that Irsay was in Green Bay talking to Brett because it doesn't appear Peyton will be ready to play at the start of the season...

Anyone else heard this?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I heard the ugly rumor tonight at work that Irsay was in Green Bay talking to Brett because it doesn't appear Peyton will be ready to play at the start of the season...

Anyone else heard this?

Irsay was NEVER in Green Bay. Why would he be?

You do realize that Favre was traded away / retired from Green Bay, right?

What Irsay tweeted was that he was in Hattiesburg, MS...Favre's hometown. Folks contacted both Favre's agend AND Favre himself and both of them said they hadn't been in touch with anyone at all. Favre's said several times now that "he's done"...and that he really means it this time.

-J-

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Irsay was NEVER in Green Bay. Why would he be?

You do realize that Favre was traded away / retired from Green Bay, right?

What Irsay tweeted was that he was in Hattiesburg, MS...Favre's hometown. Folks contacted both Favre's agend AND Favre himself and both of them said they hadn't been in touch with anyone at all. Favre's said several times now that "he's done"...and that he really means it this time.

-J-

Ah, well, like I said, I just heard it at work, so apparently the details got mixed up. Same guys that had heard getting Randy Moss was "a done deal"... So I took it with a grain of salt anyway, just looking for confirmation one way or another.

Top Bottom