70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    funny-haters-gonna-hate-little-girl-car.gif

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    This is a great signing imo. Collins has the ability to win at least 2 of the first four games. We aren't beating Pittsburgh either way imo, even if Manning is back after the first game he wont be able to be in sync fast enough to beat an elite team. Collins can beat Houston, Cleveland and Tampa imo.

I think we shock Houston in week 1.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    This is a great signing imo. Collins has the ability to win at least 2 of the first four games. We aren't beating Pittsburgh either way imo, even if Manning is back after the first game he wont be able to be in sync fast enough to beat an elite team. Collins can beat Houston, Cleveland and Tampa imo.

I think we shock Houston in week 1.

The colts have MUCH more of a chance to beat the Texans now that Foster may not play.

I also agree that Collins at least gives the Colts a CHANCE to go .500 over the first 4 games should Manning not be able to play.

We'll see...

-J-

deer hunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    I am not a fan of Collins. I never liked him when he was with the Titans and I sure don't like it that he is now with the Colts.:xmad: As for manning, I bet he starts the first game so that he can continue his starting streak. He may go out after the first play but you will see him start.:rockwoot:

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I am not a fan of Collins. I never liked him when he was with the Titans and I sure don't like it that he is now with the Colts.:xmad: As for manning, I bet he starts the first game so that he can continue his starting streak. He may go out after the first play but you will see him start.:rockwoot:

Manning has too much integrity to start just to keep a meaningless streak. He has said that already. If he plays it's going to be because he is ready.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Manning has too much integrity to start just to keep a meaningless streak. He has said that already. If he plays it's going to be because he is ready.

Agreed.

now, if he were 1 or 2 games away from breaking the record...then MAYBE. But he's still 6-ish complete seasons away from that. It's gonna be a while.

-J-

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I think the Colts are going to be 12-4 this season. They will steal the division again and houston will choke like they always do. Colts vs. Packers in the Superbowl.

I HOPE your prediction is correct...

But in looking at the Colts roster this year, namely the DBs and the OL.... I don't think it's going to happen.

"on paper" (yeah, I know), the division is Houston's to lose. We'll see if they do or not.

The Colts certainly have their work cut out for 'em.

Game #1 against the Texans will be very very telling on how the season will go, me thinks.

-J-

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    I'm still waiting to see if/when Peyton will play. I heard he was activated, then he wouldn't play at least the first regular season game, then back to "game day decision by Peyton" so who knows?

:dunno:

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I'm still waiting to see if/when Peyton will play. I heard he was activated, then he wouldn't play at least the first regular season game, then back to "game day decision by Peyton" so who knows?

:dunno:

He said on ESPN that it was his decision to play, even game 1. Its just all going to come down to if he thinks he will help or hurt the team. You can tell he wants to play, but not at the cost of the team.

I think they will surprise some people against Houston even if he doesn't play. Collins was ok last night, Orlovsky looked descent in the 2nd half and Painter looked pretty good in the previous game. Clearly none is as good as Peyton, but if Foster is not 100% healthy that will help a TON since he abused Indy last year in the first game.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I agree with the above!!

Painter might've saved his career the last game.

Orlovsky might've saved his last night in the 2nd half. HOWEVER, Orlovsky was playing against SCRUBS, many of whom won't be on the roster longer than today. He was also playing with scrubs who probably won't be on the roster longer than today...

Given RECENT playing time, I'd go with Painter @ #2 (and I really really really hate to type that!), and Orlovsky @ #3. I really do think that Orlovsky played better than Collins against the Bengals. I do realize the quality of the defense has a lot to do with this...

But as a body of work in total (total career), I'd go with Collins @ #2, Orlovsky @ #3, and cut/waive Painter. I know that Orlovsky went 0-7 as a starter with the Lions in 2008 (the year they went 0-16), but he's been a starting QB in the NFL. Painter (thankfully) hasn't.

-J-

PS, here are a few more parenthesis in case there weren't enough above () () ()

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    In full disclosure I am a Purdue fan, now onto my post.

The only reason I would pick Painter over Orlovsky is familiarity with the team and playbook. He has been in the system, is a smart guy, and has played with the first team more than any other QB this preseason.

I think the Colts have a bit more confidence in Painter than the fans do. If he wasn't smart and capable of grasping the offense he would have been cast away like the guy from Ball State. Painter has beat out other QBs in previous seasons as well. I don't think there is much chance Painter gets cut, at worst he will be on the practice squad.

Other than this preseason Painter has never had a chance to get reps in practice with the first team and has never had a chance to play in a game with first string guys. When he was thrown in the last two games in 09, he was a rookie and playing with a skeleton crew. He had no time in 10 at all. I don't think he will ever be a year long starter in this league, but he has never been given a real chance to be successful.

With that being said Collins has to be your #1. He has the experience and they are paying him way too much to not play. The only way he isnt starting is if he just doesnt get the playbook fully. He said on ESPN that he has never seen a playbook like the Colts use.

As a Purdue fan it would be kinda cool to have three QBs from Purdue starting in the NFL at the same time. So I am kinda pulling for Painter, but I want the Colts to have the best chance to win. Whoever Caldwell and Manning feel are best is fine with me.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Well well well...

Manning doubtful for Sunday's game.

It's making more sense now; the signing of Collins.

I'll withhold re-evaluating my re-evaluated season record (9-7) until Wk 2 and Manning's projections to play.

They're still gonna get beaten by the Texans, though...

-J-

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Nothing definitive yet...

Lots of speculation on the ifs and whens.

Game 1, for sure he's out. Beyond that is yet to be determined...or at least yet to be told to everyone else.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Nothing definitive yet...

Lots of speculation on the ifs and whens.

Game 1, for sure he's out. Beyond that is yet to be determined...or at least yet to be told to everyone else.

That's what I've heard, and that we were discussing at work yesterday. Confirmed out the first game, another surgery and out the rest of the season is rumor so far.

Also heard the rumor that Peyton supposedly said if his medical condition forces him to sit out the entire season, he'll just retire...

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I can't believe that he'd retire if he misses the season. It's just too sudden and random and I don't see him going out like that. I do believe he may be out for the season though. The Colts are in for a world of pain without him, unfortunately. If Peyton misses the season, I'm predicting a .500 season at best. This will be a test for all the "real Colts fans" I see around Indy when they're doing well.

Top Bottom