• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Okay, who all is taking their kids out for the youth hunt this weekend?

I am starting this thread to get everyone fired up and have some place to post our pictures during/after the weekend.

This will be my first attempt at getting two of my boys out during the actual youth hunt weekend.

John-Michael is my 12yo and has been coming on hunts with me for the last 3 years. He passed his Hunter Safety course and is my only real outdoorsman out of my four kids. He loves to hunt/fish and shoot pistol matches with me and is excited at his first real attempt to take a deer.

Hunter is my 16yo who loves camping and scouts, but has never been one to hunt or fish much. This year he caught his first bass and now he's hooked, so he said he'd give the deer hunting thing a try.

I have only ever taken one doe, so we're all excited that one of the boys might be the first in our family to take a buck.

Can't wait!! :rockwoot:

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am! My boy is pumped. We set up the ground blind last weekend in an awesome spot, and he's shooting cloverleaf's at 50 yards with his .44 off of shooting sticks! We've been pouring over deer photos for shot placement. I'm really hoping he gets his first deer this weekend. I don't know who is more excited him or me! Good luck!

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    come on... no one else taking their kids out?

Took the boys out and confirmed the scope on the 870 is still on , then gave them each a slug and 3 inch target and had them make it count.

Can't wait!

ELMO

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Kokomo, Indiana
    I'll be taking my 13 year old grandson out this weekend. He likes the .357 mag handi rifle with reddot scope mounted on it that I got for him, and he shoots it well. Last years youth season he took a nice doe with it and he is really pumped about this coming deer season....

windingwinds

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Miami County, Indiana
    My 2 boys have been fired up since I let them tag along with me last season. So we are prepared as we can get, attended Hunter Ed last Dec. My oldest is 15, youngest 11 (almost 12). Deer stand and safety harnesses ready to go. My youngest and I are going to try a blind by a rub/scrape we found. It's exciting no matter what they get, last year I got my first doe. This year we are also going to process any deer ourselves, to be more hands on. We attended a vension workshop a couple weeks ago and have some new recipes to try!!
    Course I am so "obsessed" (according to my supportive husband) that I am also jumping out of my skin waiting for bow season to open so I can use my Razors Edge on Oct 1st!!
    :D

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    My website and Hunt Club Services is sponsoring a Youth Hunt on some HCS property. Last count we have 11 kids and their mentors joining us for a weekend of food, fun, fellowship, contests and of course - deer hunting.

Last yearwe had 13 kids and three of the kids connected with their very first deer - exciting to say the least.

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    Both of my daughters will be hitting the woods again this youth season. Both have "their bucks" picked out from trail cams, which makes me laugh every time they tell me which buck they are going to kill ... but stranger things happen.:):

I always look forward to the youth season. We always have fun and always forge great memories together.

Last youth season ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1kDeU59WJg

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    My website and Hunt Club Services is sponsoring a Youth Hunt on some HCS property. Last count we have 11 kids and their mentors joining us for a weekend of food, fun, fellowship, contests and of course - deer hunting.

Last yearwe had 13 kids and three of the kids connected with their very first deer - exciting to say the least.

Big fan of your website, I don't post much, but I visit and read often.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Both of my daughters will be hitting the woods again this youth season. Both have "their bucks" picked out from trail cams, which makes me laugh every time they tell me which buck they are going to kill ... but stranger things happen.:):

I always look forward to the youth season. We always have fun and always forge great memories together.

Last youth season ...

always love watching your videos, I've learned a lot from them and look forward to new ones each hunting season.

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    My oldest is still too young, but I look forward to the day you are all about to experience. Enjoy! This is life at one of its finest moments!

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    My son is heading out this year for the first time. He is 9 years old and "he" thinks has been ready for the last couple years. He finally calmed down and learned to relax a little bit so it is time. he has been shooting with me for a couple of years so I finally let him try the TC Triumph. He shot it amazingly well and he wont use anything else. I bought a Marlin .44 for him but he had no interest in it. He wanted to use the muzzleloader or nothing. Might be because that is all I use but who knows. I think I am like all the other dads out there when I say I cant wait!! He is excited but I dont think he could be more excited for this weekend then me. Below is a video of him finishing up on a 50 yard target the other day.

http://youtu.be/9T0-EET9u1A

9T0-EET9u1A

9T0-EET9u1A

9T0-EET9u1A

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i wanted to take my kid for the youth weekend, but she isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer and cant safley handle a firarms. my wife says i am expecting to much from a 4 month old.:dunno:

Top Bottom