2014 D-Day Celebration (70th anniversary)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Bump! :patriot:

normandy-veteran-salute-c-us-army-europe.jpg

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    I will be taking my dad to the D-Day Museum in New Orleans for the 70th. Dad jumped in with the 82nd and recieved a purple heart for shrapnel from a german mortor round. He was over in Normandy for the 50th, but had never been to N.O. to the museum. He is thrilled to be going for what might be his last hooray.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Tried to talk my wife into going there for our wedding anniversary this year. Strangely, that wasn't the type of beach she was picturing for a romantic get away. I'll have to resort to following this thread instead.

Sylvian...was that a Chaffee in the pictures? The Sherman's also seem to have the early turrets on them.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Tried to talk my wife into going there for our wedding anniversary this year. Strangely, that wasn't the type of beach she was picturing for a romantic get away. I'll have to resort to following this thread instead.

Sylvian...was that a Chaffee in the pictures? The Sherman's also seem to have the early turrets on them.

Yep, Chaffee M24.

100-3312.jpg

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I will be taking my dad to the D-Day Museum in New Orleans for the 70th. Dad jumped in with the 82nd and recieved a purple heart for shrapnel from a german mortor round. He was over in Normandy for the 50th, but had never been to N.O. to the museum. He is thrilled to be going for what might be his last hooray.

That place is amazing. My sister and I were in New Orleans a couple years ago and we "stopped" by there... got there within 30 minutes of opening and closed it down. Long day, but well worth it!

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Hey Frenchman, have you got the Presidents autograph yet? Come on man, I'm sure hill give it to you for one of your fancy cig holders!

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Well, if you play your cards right could be any one of them when they sneak out back to take a smoke break.

Top Bottom