• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    That's like a big kick in the nuts..but what grill did she get you?
    Cheap Dyna-Glo charcoal off of amazon. Parts will be here Wednesday
    81TPL5qEbHL._SL1500_.jpg
    Did get the old grill to hold together for one last dinner, but my phone was dead and didn't get pics. Ribeyes for the wife and I, sirloin for the kids. Baked potatoes, baby portobello mushrooms, corn on the cob, and grilled asparagus to round it out. Came out pretty good.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Everything turned out good, just grilled over charcoal but still great.

I notice you too, don't light the grill without BBQ Fluid! Was soooo happy to see Yeungling cans at Kroger this weekend!!!!!! Now I have to see what I'm grilling and try and make it in before the storms tonight!

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I did a 12# pork shoulder today on the BGE. This time I used a different technique than my normal for this. I cooked at 225 until I reached 170 and then double wrapped in foil and put back in until I hit 190. It was maybe the best pulled pork I've ever made. I missed my dinner schedule though because it stalled at 157 for upwards of 3 hours so we had to make other arrangements for tonight's meal. No big deal, there will be BBQ everything for the next couple days!

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Sous vide. I find that I prefer to do it will all steaks now, especially with some of the thicker cuts if I have the time. I know it's cheating to some, but everything taste pretty dang good to me. I just need to learn how to get a better sear on my grill

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Sous vide. I find that I prefer to do it will all steaks now, especially with some of the thicker cuts if I have the time. I know it's cheating to some, but everything taste pretty dang good to me. I just need to learn how to get a better sear on my grill
    I do sous vide then finish on a cast iron grill pan on my gas fish fryer. Gets plenty hot and the smoke is kept outside.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Cheating or not, looks fantastic!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I don't have a sous vide whatchamacallit but I don't consider it cheating, I'll have one some day. In cooking nothing matters but the ingredients and the final product.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I do sous vide then finish on a cast iron grill pan on my gas fish fryer. Gets plenty hot and the smoke is kept outside.
    I do something really similar. I pull whatever out of the sous vide and either dunk it in an ice bath or let it cool down a bit. I have a used gas grill I picked it up for 40 bucks and I keep a big Lodge cast-iron griddle sitting right down on the burners. Give it about 15 minutes to get good and hot and I can have a full sear on a side in under a minute easily.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Smoked a 9.5 lb pork butt today. I made my own dry rub and rubbed it last night so it could sit in the fridge overnight. This morning I took it out and let it sit on the counter for 3 hours while I got the grill going. I let it smoke for about 8 hours at 250 degrees. I expected a longer stall, but it only stalled for about 2 hours. It literally fell apart when I went to pull it. To top it off, i took the fat cap that was crispy with bark and chopped it up to add to the mix. Delicious!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    iSeekLight
    Top Bottom