• ...and so much more!
  • Ballistix

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2016
    Next Door
    I have this Video on my FB page.
    I love the way he slings the car around right on the edge of the tires. He makes them cry.
    No paddles. He is shifting it.
    Not sure what Ford has to answer this one. I am talking out the door factory not a Rousch skunk works car.

Although it isn't a Ford, the 2009 CTS-V timed at only 43.28 seconds longer than the 2018 ZL1 1LE. This being a four-door, luxury sedan compared to a two-door, lighter, newer tech, sports car.
    I haven't found a track time four the new gen CTS-V, but I assure you, it can't be far behind.
    I guarantee, after mine comes back from the Dr., it would lap faster. Maybe with me driving. :rolleyes:

In comparison, the 2018 CTS-V will be priced at only $15K more than the 2018 ZL1 1LE. With that comes all of the luxury amenities and daily driving capabilities, that will haul a family. As opposed to a single-purpose built vehicle, that leaves the family at home. The V is as easily used for commuting, as it is for eating pavement. The Camaro, well...

When I see one on the road, which I doubt I will, I'll see how it compares. I predict the Camaro will only see tail lights and the V badge.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Although it isn't a Ford, the 2009 CTS-V timed at only 43.28 seconds longer than the 2018 ZL1 1LE. This being a four-door, luxury sedan compared to a two-door, lighter, newer tech, sports car.
    I haven't found a track time four the new gen CTS-V, but I assure you, it can't be far behind.
    I guarantee, after mine comes back from the Dr., it would lap faster. Maybe with me driving. :rolleyes:

In comparison, the 2018 CTS-V will be priced at only $15K more than the 2018 ZL1 1LE. With that comes all of the luxury amenities and daily driving capabilities, that will haul a family. As opposed to a single-purpose built vehicle, that leaves the family at home. The V is as easily used for commuting, as it is for eating pavement. The Camaro, well...

When I see one on the road, which I doubt I will, I'll see how it compares. I predict the Camaro will only see tail lights and the V badge.

I am sure you are most proud of you "V" but out of the box by listed specs the Camaro is the boss. 10 more horses (Meh) but 1/4 mile is 3ths. faster.
    Cadillac claims 200 plus terminal speeds and that is a real hoot for sure but the Zl-1 ripped the Vette and the Ferrari at the ring. I am not inclined to believe the "V" will outrun all 3 of those as this would be banner news in the car mags.

Not sure what your Dr. might be cooking up for yours but I am sure it will be interesting. Those SC 6.2's can be unleashed to well north of 750 HP with the proper attention.

Ballistix

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2016
    Next Door
    I am sure you are most proud of you "V" but out of the box by listed specs the Camaro is the boss. 10 more horses (Meh) but 1/4 mile is 3ths. faster.
    Cadillac claims 200 plus terminal speeds and that is a real hoot for sure but the Zl-1 ripped the Vette and the Ferrari at the ring. I am not inclined to believe the "V" will outrun all 3 of those as this would be banner news in the car mags.

Not sure what your Dr. might be cooking up for yours but I am sure it will be interesting. Those SC 6.2's can be unleashed to well north of 750 HP with the proper attention.

Out of the box, the 3/10ths not only comes from the extra 10 HP, but also the curb weight difference. The Camaro reduced weight by using thinner glass, lighter wheels, and a generic back seat, among other things. The Camaro is purpose-built to beat the competition. The V is a family oriented sedan, with four doors. It weighs more and is still only 3/10ths of a second slower in the 1/4... stock from the factory.
    You have to admit, if Cadillac used thinner glass and removed the back seat and some of the amenities, that extra 10 HP wouldn't make a difference and the 3/10ths would go out the window. And running stock to stock, that 3/10ths will be determined by the driver, or driver error. I prefer the extra luxury for the lack of 10HP and 3/10ths of a second.

And I didn't say the V would out run the Camaro, let alone all three of the mentioned, I just said it won't be far behind. And that is impressive for a sedan.

As for mine, it will be north of 1,000HP on pump gas. I'm being told 1,200HP at the crank. The dyno will tell the truth and I'll post the results.

Want to go for a ride? :D

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Out of the box, the 3/10ths not only comes from the extra 10 HP, but also the curb weight difference. The Camaro reduced weight by using thinner glass, lighter wheels, and a generic back seat, among other things. The Camaro is purpose-built to beat the competition. The V is a family oriented sedan, with four doors. It weighs more and is still only 3/10ths of a second slower in the 1/4... stock from the factory.
    You have to admit, if Cadillac used thinner glass and removed the back seat and some of the amenities, that extra 10 HP wouldn't make a difference and the 3/10ths would go out the window. And running stock to stock, that 3/10ths will be determined by the driver, or driver error. I prefer the extra luxury for the lack of 10HP and 3/10ths of a second.

And I didn't say the V would out run the Camaro, let alone all three of the mentioned, I just said it won't be far behind. And that is impressive for a sedan.

As for mine, it will be north of 1,000HP on pump gas. I'm being told 1,200HP at the crank. The dyno will tell the truth and I'll post the results.

Want to go for a ride? :D

Granted on the luxury just stating listed stats.
    I would love to see the "D" sheet on this when its done.
    As for riding......I do not ride well.
    When a good friend brought his recently "Doctored" 14 ZR-1 over for a ride around I had the keys.
    Fastest I have ever been on 4 wheels on the street. Just short of time warp fast.
    Just insane.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm not sure what it is but I just can't get myself to like the new Camaro. I get the nod to the late 60's Camaro (love them) but I just don't like the looks. Can't argue they'll get it on after watching that video however.

I've driven 136mph numerous times on I65/I465, chased down a stolen Corvette and a stolen Honda CBR600RR (until they both crashed - no innocent people injured or property damage other than the stolen vehicles and some corn) but I've never tossed a car around a track like that stud did. I'd love to have a weekend alone with a capable car and an empty track to see what I could make happen. That would be a dream come true.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm not sure what it is but I just can't get myself to like the new Camaro. I get the nod to the late 60's Camaro (love them) but I just don't like the looks. Can't argue they'll get it on after watching that video however.

I've driven 136mph numerous times on I65/I465, chased down a stolen Corvette and a stolen Honda CBR600RR (until they both crashed - no innocent people injured or property damage other than the stolen vehicles and some corn) but I've never tossed a car around a track like that stud did. I'd love to have a weekend alone with a capable car and an empty track to see what I could make happen. That would be a dream come true.

The ring would be that place. It is not possible to memorize the course in a weekend. Just not going to happen. It would be a test.

I feel about the same way about the newest Camaro's. The 1st ones were pretty neat but as always they start playing with everything and they get really busy.
    Ford is doing the same with the Mustang.

Dodge is holding true to the look.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I feel about the same way about the newest Camaro's.

The 6th gens are just a little too rounded and soft looking for me. Even though I owned a Z28 version, the 4th gens never really did it for me in the looks department. I really dig the 5th gen (which I currently own, as you know) and the 3rd gen (of which I owned two). Second gen...well, better go fully Smokey and get a Pontiac. Obviously the 1st gen is the one by which all others are judged.

The new 'Vettes don't do it for me, either. Certainly insanely capable, but a little too...Euro in their looks. 5th Gen convertible with the body colored "waterfall" between the seats is my absolute favorite looking 'Vette.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have done some looking into the CVS that Balistix mentions. Very impressive numbers on that car.
    Considering it is a Vett/Camaro in a mink stole....:):
    That might be a very cool piece to own. Not sure I would want one with the insane numbers he is in search of. To each as they see it I guess.
    My taste has always been a little more on the brash side.
    I am with BBI on the new vett's. They have the stats. They do everything so well but what the hell with the Euro look. Almost to Robo Cop.
    I am sure the Aero numbers are there but the attempts to look "X" wing fighter is just a bit over the top for me. I know it is a new age in materials and design.
    They did get the nose area reduced a lot with the engine set back. No easy feat with a pushrod SC LS package. I do like the look of my Buddy's ZR-1. It punched a hole through the air well past the numbers we saw on the Camaro in the OP. I would lay odds there was not room to get the Camaro all the way up to its limits on the ring. If you watch the vid the car gets just a bit weird coming up on the end of the run into the corner. 173 in a Camaro. Who would have ever thought.

Ballistix

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2016
    Next Door
    The Vette and Camaro are both capable vehicles, but they are a purpose-built car. They are known as a sports car and expected to quick.
    The V is a sedan and most people have never heard of them and they are unsuspecting of their capabilities. Most people pulling up beside one, is expecting a
    granny in a Caddy.
    The Vette and Camaro have very stiff suspensions and cramped inside. My head literally sticks out of the top of the Vette. And opening the door from the floor is a treat.
    With the V, it rides like a Cadillac until it gets opened up, and I fit in it comfortably.

I'm only going extreme, well... because it can be done. The cost difference of a little boost in HP vs. a big boost in HP is negligible. Might as well do it now as opposed to doing it again later.
    When someone pulls up beside this thing, they will KNOW it's not granny in a Caddy.

If anyone wants to meet for a track day, they will understand.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I think the fastest I've ever driven was 135 mph, and that was on a straight stretch of interstate with a helicopter spotting for me. Any idiot can go fast. Going fast and turning, that's another deal altogether. I'm sure that guy knows that track better than he knows his own house...but yeah. Years of training and experience there. Watch how he keeps the RPM in the fat part of the power band. I don't get to get my Camaro in those RPMs very often. It's fun to drop it into 3rd and scoot past a semi, but you'll be way way above anything approaching legal and reasoanble speeds real quick if you aren't watching. My SS is much more capable than I'm willing and able to push it.

Have you looked into SCCA? You would be in the CAM (Classic American Muscle) class. They run tracks like the video but on a smaller scale. I rode last year, and it was a lot of fun as a passenger. Your car can be stock and still be a lot of fun.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Have you looked into SCCA? You would be in the CAM (Classic American Muscle) class. They run tracks like the video but on a smaller scale. I rode last year, and it was a lot of fun as a passenger. Your car can be stock and still be a lot of fun.

That looks interesting, especially the starting line school. I'm not sure I can fit in my car with a helmet on though...

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    There is a young lady that rules that track. I would love to see her make that lap in that car.

Sabine Schmitz, the Queen of Nurburgring

sabine-schmitz-to-race-bowler-exr-prototype-at-top-gear-live-39832_1.jpg

Top Bottom