• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    What I do. Although if I get a couple with really nice fur I got an idea with what I'd like to do with them.

Oh, and +1 for me so 79 total. Fell for the pup call. ;)

Yeah, the two last night came into pup in distress. In fact, the last eight have come into pup in distress.

I'm really liking my new rifle. Last night's coyote was 60-65 yards away. One shot dropped her in place. Fur was pretty much intact but both shoulders were completely separated inside the body. With internal damage like that, I don't have to worry about them running away!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I don't know where you hunt, Rookie, but you must have a TON of coyotes in your area. I'm not even seeing them on the cameras now. I was looking through pictures and the last I saw them was on the 14th when we had a pair passing through. I think that is the same night hubby shot the one female has gotten so far. He shot her, and then this pair was on the camera about an hour later.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I'm loving it. It is very accurate, soft shooting, and deadly. Of the six I've shot, five have dropped in their tracks and the sixth ran less than 50 yards. The only thing I'd like to change is my bullet. 123 grains is way over kill and I think a 90 grain would shoot faster and flatter. Unfortunately, federal isn't making another batch until mid December and everyone is sold out.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    2yn4b3c.jpg

^^^Second coyote this season that I actually helped.

34t51kj.jpg

randy68

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    SW Indiana
    I posted this in the deer thread but I guess it fits here too.
    I shot this guy last nite just before dark while I was deer hunting. Hit him with a 200 gr corelok at 2000 fps right on the right shoulder angling back. It came out left side about midway back. He spun and bit at the hit then ran about 30 yards.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I'm from the coyote preservation society, and I'm doing my part to preserve the species.

coyote lives matter.

or, I just suck at hunting. :laugh:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We still have just one so far. I keep seeing fox on the cameras but not many yotes. There was ONE finally on the camera last night not far from the deer carcass that we put out yesterday. I don't know where they all went. We had two that were on the cameras regularly about 6 weeks ago that I haven't seen for a while now. Those two each had a bad leg...one a front leg and the other a back one. The other pair I saw on the cameras about two weeks ago (later the same night he took one) both looked quite healthy.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I was squirrel hunting today and had a coyote show up. All this time and one finally shows up while I’ve got the totally wrong gun. I gave him two rounds of subsonic .22, but unsurprisingly couldn’t find him for the pelt.

Does that count toward the total?

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Do you consider him dead? If so, then yes. Personally, I don't count them unless I can get a picture, but it's completely your call.

Are we at 83 or 84?

Top Bottom