• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I use mostly apple now. Mainly because I have several apple trees in the backyard. I cut dry, dead branches off with my cordless sawsall that are under 2" diameter. I then slice them into little pucks about a 1/2" thick.

When I cook a pork loin in my Weber kettle, I throw one of those pucks in both of my charcoal baskets on a hot fire and leave all the vents wide open until the pucks are almost burned up. Then close the vents as required to get the temp I want.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Venison front shoulders kind of suck. I've always just made them jerky, and even doing that, there's so much silver skin, it's a pain. Decided to smoke one whole today on my Weber. Cooked it for 3 hours at 200-225, with Jack Daniel's wood chips, till internal temp was 140. Then poured a beer in a large foil pan with onions and garlic, threw in the shoulder and covered it with foil. Went 3 more hours 275-300. Got internal temp up to 250 and held it there. It falls off the bone and shreds up like pulled pork. All the silver skin and connective tissue just melts away.
    662446f3b59a9265cf745da930d8f728.jpg
    511a1c736355828a1558e96240a52bdd.jpg
    8beb06fa96f2a26ff35eb5f34227386d.jpg

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Christmas Eve pork tenderloin....4.6 lbs tenderloin, 1 lb of bacon....Indirect heat, western hickory chunks...Olive oil, Rudy's, Sweet Heat, and Lawrey's salt....

It was good...May be my best...Loving the PK 360 grill.....

That may be the secret to not have overly smoky pork loin. Wrap it in bacon! Do you have a recipe link?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    That may be the secret to not have overly smoky pork loin. Wrap it in bacon! Do you have a recipe link?

No sir...I just saw a picture of it and gave it a whirl...Everyone liked it....The bacon tasted like smokey bacon but the tenderloin was the best I've ever made...The entire loin was covered then cinched tight...About 3 hours at 225-250.....

[video=youtube;s4-I2t3uDuY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4-I2t3uDuY[/video]

[video=youtube;cOuDmUhyTSk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOuDmUhyTSk[/video]

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom