2018 INGO AK Build Party - May 19, 2018 @ Diamond Collision (Avon, IN)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wigginsworth

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2018
    Batesville
    Part kits

I am planning on getting the Polish Underfolder parts kit from either Arms of America (AOA) or What a COUNTRY (WAC). Does anyone have experience with either company? AOA will end up costing about $60 more but state they are all matching numbers and the quality looks better in the picture. WAC states most parts have matching numbers and the parts don't look as good in the picture... Both places say the sets are from 1980-1986. I just don't know if they use a random or stock photo and if they are all from the same lot/quality. Hoping one of you may know more about them. I don't mind paying the higher price if it's worth it... Thanks in advance for any input!

Shane

Wigginsworth

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2018
    Batesville
    I will be there. I have a headspaced and assembled Romanian Military Mod 63 kit to build on a Childers pre-drilled receiver. I need to use someone's rivet tools to finish assembling. I have a extra Morrissey AKM-47 receiver that is finished except for the trunnion holes.

Has the cost been determined?

Are you wanting to part with your extra receiver? Is it for a fixed/side fold/underfolder? I'm hoping mine will arrive before the build party...

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    Are you wanting to part with your extra receiver? Is it for a fixed/side fold/underfolder? I'm hoping mine will arrive before the build party...

It is for a fixed stock AKM 47. Atlantic Firearms has them in stock for $60. I will keep it until I get the rivets installed on the Childers receiver. I purchased the Childers because when the kit arrived it was all numbers matching so I ordered a receiver with same serial number.

swgrdoc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2018
    Flushing
    Very interested in your AK build party. I have a ton of questions regarding what parts/components to purchase, which countries & models to look for or stay away from. Can I mix components from different countries, say a Chinese barrel & a Yugo receiver. Regarding the receivers are they to be FFA or non-FFA, ie finished or unfinished? Will we be riveting. If it turns out that I can get the parts then I will more than likely need AllenM's assistance. I'm new to INGO & not yet permitted personal messaging privileges.
    I appreciate any & all assistance in getting started off right, thanks in advance. swgrdoc@gmail.com

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    To answer your questions:

1. Can I mix components from different countries, say a Chinese barrel & a Yugo receiver
    A. In this case, probably not. Russian/European/Egyptian AKMs usually work well together. Yugo/Serbian AKMs work together. Chinese parts are rare and generally not seen at parties. Most of us don't have jigs for them.

2. Regarding the receivers are they to be FFA or non-FFA, ie finished or unfinished?
    A. I can bend flats, but if this is your first build, I'd use a 100% receiver. I really like Nodak Spud receivers, but there are others out there - some with custom markings for various countries.

3. Will we be riveting?
    A. Yes. I have the Toth riveter for short rivets and the AK jigs for the trigger guard and long rivets. Others will bring tools too. We don't do screw builds. They suck.

Just look up Diamond Collision on Google and give him a call.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I will have a ITM MK99 receiver for sale if anybody is interested. I don't think I will get around to building it.
    It is new and not drilled for trunnions, rails are welded in. I want $60.00

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    I wont be making the party but i do have a extra NDS receiver for a Yugo m70 underfolder if anyone needs one of those. Id let it go for a decent price or trade for a 74 receiver. i could get it to Allen if hes interested in doing the ffl transfer

Rico556

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I will be there on the 19th. I have a Childer’s AK-74 receiver that had the front and rear trunnion installed at last year's build party. I need to have the barrel with front sight populated onto it for my Bulgarian parts kit build.

Kpquinn9100

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2015
    Camby
    I’ll be present. Changed my work schedule around in time. I have a partial kit that I still need to source front and rear trunnions as well as front sight/gas block and rear sight block. As well as some other misc items that are easier to source. (trigger guard, all necessary pins, rivet kit, center support, and receiver flat.) if I can find this stuff in time I’ll bring this along. If not I still need to heat treat the build I started last year and swap rear trunnions on an m92 that I have a form1 on. Either way I’ll be there.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Apex has a bunch of kits on sale right now. The prices will never be the same like 5 years ago, but a Romanian or Polish AK kit is always a good buy.

Kpquinn9100

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2015
    Camby
    Got most of my stuff coming from ak builder. At least the necessary items to build. It’ll be a mutt but that’s the beauty of an ak. Mostly Romanian/polish parts with the exception of the rear sight block being bulgarian. Anyone know where to source a handguard end cap?

Kpquinn9100

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2015
    Camby
    Retainer. It appears it must be installed before the front sight/gas block are pinned. The ferrule is the metal cap on the wood part of the handguard right? I think I need one of those too but I can source that after the fact.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Retainer. It appears it must be installed before the front sight/gas block are pinned. The ferrule is the metal cap on the wood part of the handguard right? I think I need one of those too but I can source that after the fact.

Yes. Retainer slides on before the gas block. The fins of the ferrule side inside the receiver under the front trunnion.

Top Bottom