• ...and so much more!
  • ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Rack'en up! Keep at it guys! Slipped on some ice and messed my back up some so I'm going to be down a bit.
    I had a hard fall today too, snow covered the ice, I had just jumped out of my truck and slung my AR on and went down hard. Scope hit chin so hard it cut, but safety stayed on and scope stayed zeroed.
    We then proceeded to run three out in that section and got two of them, plus got one earlier in the day, so plus 3.
    And if you want to count them, the gang got 5 last Sunday.
    +8 for total of 27

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    +1 (so far tonight)
    total of 28

He's still out there so if I get more texts, I will update! The cold is bringing them out!

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    +1

Total is 29

14d0tp2.jpg

Have I mentioned that I love my 6.5 Grendel?

Last edited:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    +1 He shot one more right before he came in at 11:30. Snowing like crazy at the moment, but we will go find them under the snow in a bit to see if they were male or female.

Total is 30

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We only saw three last night, but we did see at least 60 deer in one location. It was insane.

That is awesome! I'm seeing several deer on my cameras every night including a few nice bucks that survived hunting season. I wish I was seeing more does, but the bucks outnumber them here by far.

The coyotes are finally getting hungry and cold and hitting the carcasses on a regular basis. We have the "hunting condo" here with a little propane heater so he has been hunting out of that the past few times. The other place he hunts just has a ground blind with no heat source so he'll go back there after the weather improves a bit.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    +1 so far tonight.

Total is 31

The cold must be bringing more deer in to eat the corn I put out. I had a group of 9 this evening at dusk and saw no antlers. Might have been some button bucks in the group, but it was nice to see more does.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    +1 for 32 total
    we had 7 guys push 8 or 9 square miles this morning, saw one and got it. Anyone that thinks pushing and driving around is unsportsmanlike need to come walk with us. I'm convinced the yotes were always just a mile north of us pointing and laughing.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Good going everybody! Back is doing better but now I've got that nasty respiratory infection that's being going around down here. Enough about my sob story.

Been hearing the yotes are getting in an amorous mood lately. Can anybody confirm?

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Good going everybody! Back is doing better but now I've got that nasty respiratory infection that's being going around down here. Enough about my sob story.

Been hearing the yotes are getting in an amorous mood lately. Can anybody confirm?

I can. We watched two making a baby last night. Pretty interesting to see through a thermal scope. Didn't get any last night, but they were responding to challenge calls.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    The new hunting spot is going to be good. Hubby pulled one of the camera cards last night before he came home. There were almost 8,000 pictures on it since the 23rd. I have it set for a 9 photo burst so we get several photos each time it is triggered and get better shots...less blanks because it got triggered but didn't actually capture a photo of whatever set it off. I have photos with groups of as many as six coyotes at a time. LOTS of activity all day and night!

He's hoping to get a shot at this guy.

rqQlosZ.jpg

These three were fighting over the deer carcass that is out there for bait.

K3aUFy2.jpg

SOUP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Noblesville
    ^ Amazing shots. That's a healthy looking pack.

Also side note. I noticed today that there was a group of people flushing out several woods plots near my house today (Tipton and Hamilton County). Anyone know this group? I've seen other groups in the past doing this with actual magnetic signs on their vehicles stating that they're Coyote Control or something along those lines. Looks like fun, I'm not sure they had permission to be on my family's farm property, but regardless, I hope they had some luck!

I know those damn Coyotes are there, I hear them all the time.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018

Also side note. I noticed today that there was a group of people flushing out several woods plots near my house today (Tipton and Hamilton County). Anyone know this group? I've seen other groups in the past doing this with actual magnetic signs on their vehicles stating that they're Coyote Control or something along those lines. Looks like fun, I'm not sure they had permission to be on my family's farm property, but regardless, I hope they had some luck!

We get north into Clinton county and might get close to the Tipton Co line, but haven't been in it for years, so I'm assuming it's not us. How far east/west on the line are you talking? In the past there has been a group from Tipton but I don't know them.
    Anyway, they should always be friendly to someone questioning them about what they are doing and if they have permission or not, the heat of the chase can certainly stretch some of those 'permissions' that go back 25 years or more.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009

I know those guys. I've hunted with them before. The two brothers leading the group are professional and very respectful. They put quite a bit of effort into hunting only on land they have permission for, largely because the good will of local land owners is what allows them to have their fun. I know we have on a couple times called the dogs off and given up a very promising chase when the coyote crossed onto land we didn't have permission for.

If you're genuinely concerned, PM me and I can put you in touch with the guy running the show.

Top Bottom