• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • randy68

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Shot a doe two weeks ago with crossbow. Didn't see anything on opening weekend. But Sunday morning I took two of my grandkids along to show them what deer hunting was like. They lasted an hour before the cold set in so we went back to truck to warm up. While sitting in the truck this buck stopped by to look at us. After he disappeared over the hill my grandson and myself got out and went to look over the hill to see where he was. I was fumbling around trying to get the gun loaded as we were walking and managed to get two rounds in . The buck was heading downhill at a slow walk about 60 yards away from us heading towards the woods. I found him in the scope and put a 158 .357 xtp thru him from right rear to left front. He left a great blood trail and only went 75 yards. I let the grandkids track him to just inside the edge of the woods where he expired. It was an awesome experience having them with me and helping out. This was their first deer hunt and they loved it. Next year I plan on taking them out in youth season when it's not so cold.
    20191124_084516.jpg

Last edited:

ndawoods25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Martinsville
    Shot a doe two weeks ago with crossbow. Didn't see anything on opening weekend. But Sunday morning I took two of my grandkids along to show them what deer hunting was like. They lasted an hour before the cold set in so we went back to truck to warm up. While sitting in the truck this buck stopped by to look at us. After he disappeared over the hill my grandson and myself got out and went to look over the hill to see where he was. I was fumbling around trying to get the gun loaded as we were walking and managed to get two rounds in . The buck was heading downhill at a slow walk about 60 yards away from us heading towards the woods. I found him in the scope and put a 158 .357 xtp thru him from right rear to left front. He left a great blood trail and only went 75 yards. I let the grandkids track him to just inside the edge of the woods where he expired. It was an awesome experience having them with me and helping out. This was their first deer hunt and they loved it. Next year I plan on taking them out in youth season when it's not so cold.
    View attachment 81776
    I took my daughter out youth season this year. Didn't see any deer. Was 92 degrees. Man it was smokin

ndawoods25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Martinsville
    2019 Ripley County

49115540768_ef80ce5746_b.jpg
    [/URL]IMG_20191119_114046_1 by Jim Hankins, on Flickr[/IMG]
    Very nice buck

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Spent about seven hours yesterday deer hunting. It didn't take me long to realize that deer hunting isn't for me. It takes too much patience for me to enjoy it. I'm not criticizing anyone who enjoys it, but I'll stick to hunting coyotes.

I always tell people coyotes are for hunters with A D D.

buckhunterbb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Kimmell
    View attachment 81776

Congrats on nice buck & taking grand kids out hunting. Always like hearing these kind of stories! Glad you got the buck.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    I'm on the tail end of my 3 week vacation and I've put 2 down. Put 1 doe down on opening morning around 9am. She was the only deer I seen that day and I sat from 7am-6pm. The next few days were a little rough with questionable weather, very little deer movement and 80 acres of unpicked corn (it's still in the field as of today). Took a break starting midday Wednesday through Sunday. Loaded up yesterday morning prepping to hunt hard for the next 3-5 days. Where I wanted to hunt on our property we don't have a stand. It is elevated so it's not needed but a stand would still be nice. I had a 5 minute walk to get where I wanted to go. Once I got to my location I took a drink, hit the grunt call a little aggressively and within 3 minutes I seen movement. Could tell it was a decent buck and hit the grunt again. I could pretty much predict his path and waited for him to hit a good opening before taking my shot. I stopped him with the "meh" sound and sent it. He was slightly quartering towards me so I put the crosshair on the front portion of his shoulder and hit him good with the 6.8SPC Hornady American Gunner 110gr BTHP. Both deer were left lung/heart shots and both ran 30-40 yards before crashing. Within 10 minutes of arriving at my spot yesterday I had my buck on the ground. Had him retrieved and field dressed before it got dark too. Retrieving him was no easy task either. If the corn would've been out it wouldn't have been a big deal. I passed on a smaller buck early last week in the same area mainly due to the fact that retrieval would not be easy. If I was going to shoot one there I wanted the hassle to be worth it. He's a main frame 10 with a crab claw making 11 and 2 abnormal points growing off the back of his left antler making 13...I still just call him a 10. He has some other various junk around his bases.
    ANiHyt9.jpg

cfwH4S3.jpg

8koJ35Z.jpg

hAZylfe.jpg

glank09

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Corunna
    Bittersweet hunt this morning. I haven’t had anyplace to hunt for a few years. This past Sunday I got permission to hunt a property and today was my first day available to hunt. Had 2 really nice does down by 8:10. They were moving pretty quick, I think they were heading for cover before the wind picked up, which is what I was hoping for. Looks like now I get to focus on something with antlers.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    1st day in VA was a bust. I saw a doe around 0720, raised up to put cross hairs on her and she did an about-face back to the woods and didn't give me a shot. The other 4 guys I was with saw nothing. Rain rolled in about around 1300 and settled in quick. Soaked thru and wet and out of the woods by 1545. Spent the last hour of good shooting light sitting on the porch of the house looking down the path. Beer, margaritas, and Mexican for dinner, crapper, and bed. Day 1 in the books.
    Day 2 was extremely windy, and the wind blew all day. We didn't see a single deer. I shot the beaver on the pond, we shoot every single one so they don't flood the pond and destroy it.

Day 3 my dad passed on 2 doe first thing in the morning. I saw a large coyote around 10 a.m., but didn't have a shot on it due to how thick it was in the area it was in. That evening the dogs from the hunt club down the road started burning, and ran across our property. They ran a deer passed me, but the only thing I saw was the white flag of the deer jumping the hill and crossing the power lines.

Day 4 was our final day and was a beautiful, quiet day, but was 2 quiet. In the end came home with no deer. Plenty of sign and even have a bunch on trail cams, just wrong place at the wrong time.

Overall good hunt and excellent 4 days in the woods with my dad. Will post some pics of our scenery in a bit.

Dooby91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2019
    Bloomington
    First Year Out

Took my first every deer this year. 10 pointer! The first day ever deer hunting so I think i'm doing pretty good. Got him Sunday after opening morning. Kid has been sick so its put a damper on most other deer hunting. Hoping he feels better and I can fill my tags.

Does anyone know if i can use bonus antlerless in yellowood/hoosier national/morgan monroe forests? Also can I do the bonus season at the end of the year there too?

Thanks,

Tyler deer.jpg

SWAT153

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2010
    Was fortunate to take this big brute this year.

76634282_10217364870607269_6232027649921777664_n.jpg

Attachments

• big buck.jpg
      big buck.jpg
      192.9 KB · Views: 7
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom