• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I picked off three on Sunday in the snow. Used my .204 Ruger and got one at 165yds, one at 187yds and the furthest at 202yds (laser measured. Only took 3 shots. That gun is super flat and accurate out to 300yds.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    Out of curiosity, what's the point in shooting starlings? Are they damaging to other wildlife or something? Honestly curious! I always liked them as a kid and thought they were pretty - I do know my parents definitely did not share my feelings.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    Starlings are an invasive species imported from England. As an aggressive cavity nester they limit the available nest sites for the native cavity nesters. They make an obnoxious noise. They poop on everything. They eat my dog food and suet. And they aren't even nice to each other.

Need any more reasons?
    https://youtu.be/TxR0ifBc0-g

https://youtu.be/oBg_NroPXSo
    Interesting! I didn't know that. Also, thanks for the video links - very educational.

Last edited:

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Starlings only seem to come around my place on the really nasty freezing cold days... not sure why...? youd think they would set up shop here with the chicken and pig feed buffet.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Yuck. Years ago, there was a woods behind my childhood home and the starlings pretty much took it over. We used to hang out there all the time when I was young, but the starlings ruined it. Poop everywhere, it stunk bad. It got so bad, the city decided to cut down the woods. I remember articles in the paper about it, neighbors and others arguing for and against cutting down the woods. Awful birds. :(

Top Bottom