• mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Hubby is shopping for a thermal scope....again...with his stimulus money, which will not be enough....and we haven't been seeing any on the cameras for a few weeks now.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Pulsar has been slipping lately. First, a lot of people are complaining about POI shifts with weather changes. Second, they use proprietary batteries that are expensive and don't last very long. Third, they charge a lot for bells and whistles (on board recording) that I don't think is worth the premium.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Pulsar has been slipping lately. First, a lot of people are complaining about POI shifts with weather changes. Second, they use proprietary batteries that are expensive and don't last very long. Third, they charge a lot for bells and whistles (on board recording) that I don't think is worth the premium.

I will pass along your comments tomorrow since he's already asleep.

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    That is one he has looked at. How do you feel about that one compared to a Pulsar product? He's been doing a lot of research on the pulsar scopes.

The hogster is a lot of thermal scope for the $. I bought the 25. You can program 4 different rifles in it at the return to zero when going from rifle to rifle is spot on. They do well with humidity. I'm thinking about another to use as a scanner, I have a pulsar scanner and the hog blows it away.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I use a 22-250 quit a bit, but I don't think it quit gets to 4K with the 55s I use... probably pretty close. I was thinking more a long the lines of a 50-58 grain bullet from a 243.

I knew .55s could be driven that fast out of a .243. Never tried anything lighter. Couldn't find any lighter bullets in 6mm and load data was tough to find too. That's why I guessed 22/250.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    My mistake, I thought you meant 6mm Creedmoor. That's why I gave up on 6.5 creedmoor for coyotes, I couldn't get a bullet that was light enough.

Top Bottom